Pre- Admission Testing Nurse
Magna Surgical Center Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our ideal candidate:
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all members of the healthcare team
- Passion for an environment focused on high quality patient care
- One year of previous PACU, ER or critical care experience required
- Self- motivated, driven nurses who possess excellent communication skills
- Maintain clinical communication and personal knowledge and skills required to meet the challenge of delivering safe and effective patient care in admission and PACU.
- Assess and coordination of data submitted by the physician offices for patients scheduled for surgery.
- Identify high risk patients and notify the anesthesia providers of potential risks identified during the pre-screening of the patient’s health history.
- Initiate and complete pre- op calls and review medical records by utilizing the surgery center’s electronic medical records.
- Organize and confirm all necessary records/information available in the patient’s charts for upcoming surgeries as well as communicate with doctors’ offices to obtain note, H&P, labs, and cardiac clearance.
- Effectively communicate with surgeons, anesthesiologist and nursing personnel regarding a patient’s condition(s) prior to surgery.
- Include direct and indirect patient care to patients after receiving anesthesia
- Current Illinois license
- BLS, CPR and ACLS certification, PALS is a plus
- Making pre-op phone calls to patients
- Prioritize pre-op and post-operative patients
- Obtaining medical clearance as necessary
- Maintains high level of organization
- Prepare patients for surgery and utilize proper assessment
- Proficiency in IV insertion
- Develop patient, family, significant other discharge plans by a unit standard
- Ability to effectively educate patients and prepare them properly for safe discharge from the facility
- Days and hours will vary depending on the surgical schedule (Monday through Friday)
- Occasional weekend shifts (rotational)
- Bilingual Spanish speaking skills a plus
Magna Surgical CenterWhy Work Here?
Growing multispecialty ambulatory surgery center with great opportunities for advancement.
The Center provides exceptional patient centered care in full range of surgical specialties. We are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Accredited by The Joint Commission and Medicare Certified. We have great physicians and team members! Come join our growing team!
7456 South State Road Suite 300Chicago, IL
HealthcareView all jobs at Magna Surgical Center