Magical Journey Learning Center Chandler, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The position is for a 3's teacher.
Lead Teacher Job Description
The primary job of the lead Teacher is to create and implement the learning activities provided within the classroom, that complies with the policies of the Bureau of Child Care and the procedures as incorporated in the Magical Journey Learning Center and to guide the direction of the learning to ensure it is in compliance with curriculum (AZ state standards) within a safe and nurturing environment. The Lead Teacher also coordinates communication with parents (newsletters), and parent education, as benefits the students.
The Lead Teacher must demonstrate a knowledge of early childhood, be committed to MJLC core beliefs, philosophies and be a team player.
The Lead Teacher will participate in monthly staff meetings and will perform parent-teacher meetings to review child assessment twice yearly, or more frequently when needed. Also participate and help coordinate school events, fundraiser, classrooms events, and implement them inside the classroom when needed etc.
The Lead Teacher will continue to gain knowledge in the field of education by compliance with the Bureau of Childcare’s required 18 hours of training yearly. The Lead Teacher will also stay up to date within the field of early childhood education by joining early childhood organizations, reading material and articles sent by Director and actively participate in staff meetings.
- Establishes policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom
- Becomes familiar with emergency procedures and protocol
- Provides individualized instruction within lesson plans for the purpose of meeting students’ needs
- Assessment/ observations to evaluate progress for each student based on AZ state standards and observation tools. See Teaching strategies gold curriculum
- Works with parents to reinforce classroom learning in the home
- Works with assistant to develop objectives to improve classroom education
- Models effective classroom management
- Models conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening skills, etc., to encourage appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Shares in the workload both inside and outside the classroom and in communal areas like the staff room.
- Integrates special needs children in a respectful manner
- Comforts children, encourages children with expressions and hugs
- Assists in the updating and maintaining of the classroom
- Observes and monitors students for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Provides appropriate indoor and outdoor activities to allow children to participate in learning activities
- Creates a balance of teacher directed and child directed activities.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns, directs to appropriate personnel when needed.
- Stay within ratios at all times and ensures health, safety and supervision of children at all times.
- Supports classroom teachers/assistants to assist them in implementing curriculum
- Maintains school confidentiality at all times and models appropriate conversations with parents
- Facebook/ Instagram posts/ pics in accordance with our policies here at MJLC and in accordance with permissions from our parents.
- Maintains/signs off on confidentiality agreements and babysitting policies.
- Represents self and MJLC in a positive way both inside and outside school and within the community.
- Responds to emails in an appropriate amount of time.
- Resolves conflicts amongst each other than contacts Director is the staff member feels the issue cannot be resolved. Avoid gossip and embrace resolving the issue and moving forward.
Magical Journey Learning Center
1241 E. Chandler Blvd ste:115 PhoenixChandler, AZ
EducationView all jobs at Magical Journey Learning Center