Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria.
- Determines appropriateness for medications. Communicates decision to physicians, physician`s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in pharmacy system.
- Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician`s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
- Researches, resolves and documents physician or client inquiries and grievances and provides verbal or written results to client, prescriber, provider and/or management.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleClinical Pharmacy Technician
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/20/2019
Date Requisition Created8/20/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMinimum Requirements?Education:??? HS/GEDExperience:? 1-3 yearsJob Specific: Minimum of 6 months in retail, hospital or facility pharmacy settingAn equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.Other?Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Licenses, Certifications, etc.: PTCB Certification or the ability to obtain PTCB Certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification exam may substitute state certification for the PTCB. In the State of Florida, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.Ability to type 40 WPMPreferred Qualifications?Education:?? High School degree or equivalent experience.Experience: Minimum of 6 months in retail, hospital or facility pharmacy setting required - Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: - Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications required - Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. - Ability to follow clinical criteria and instructions to approve prior authorization requests. - Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications. - Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.