Senior Product Manager (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $120,000 to $150,000 Yearly
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Manager (Rate Management)
DEPARTMENT: Development. Product Team
REPORTS TO: Director of Product
REVISION DATE: 5/1/2021
SUMMARY: As a Senior Product Manager, you will transform Magaya’s vision and strategy into products that customers love, while making sure they work for the business. You will spearhead product discovery to uncover hidden opportunities, find enabling technologies and minimize the risk of building the wrong thing. On the delivery side you will work with engineering and UX design to create value and ship, always putting the customer first.
As a Senior Product Manager you should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must also enjoy talking to customers, to understand market problems.
Communications skills are key to success in this role. You will work with developers to define product requirements based on market problems. You will work with product marketing to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your products, working to support sales and key customers. In short, you communicate with all areas of the company, as well as the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build user value, relentlessly, with every decision you make.
- Translate the company’s business objectives to product strategy and roadmap.
- Run product discovery activities from risk analysis to prototyping.
- Develop ways to measure the UX and overall success of the products. Clarity metrics over vanity metrics, Key results over activities done. Outcome over output.
- Evangelize the products internally and externally.
- Analyze various region and industry-based market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Build solid processes and documentation for new and existing products.
- Work with product marketing to coordinate campaign and launch activities.
- Conduct user interviews to gather requirements and feedback.
- Analyze usage data to identify pain points for users, and assess success of new features.
- Manage user feedback and feature requests.
- Act as a Product Owner and Scrum Master where necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, users, internal stakeholders. We will test your communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a startup mindset – whatever it takes to make the product successful. What have you built?
- 5+ years of experience in product management, business analysis, or product marketing. Show us the results.
- Experience in the freight logistics industry is a huge plus. If not, be ready to learn it.
- Operating in an organized, systematic, process-focused way. If the process doesn’t exist, build it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A degree in the fields of Business, Marketing, or Computer Science is a strong plus.
- Tech savvy, especially with web and mobile technologies. We don’t need you to be a developer, but technical enough to get their respect.
- Must be U.S. Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Computer
What You’ll Love About Magaya
Great Company Culture: Our team is comprised of people who are talented at what they do and have a passion to help our clients.
Work that Stays at Work: Genuine work/life balance served at Magaya! Remote working opportunity available.
Rest and Relaxation: Flexible Vacation and up to 40 hours of sick leave depending on worked in State.
Health Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits program with medical, dental, vision, supplemental offered to all new employees and dependents. Short-term disability, long-term disability, and company paid life insurance.
Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401k plan with a company match.
Learning and Development: From our very own Magaya Software to coding, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed.
BusinessView all jobs at Magaya Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?