C++ Software Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Who We Are: Magaya was established in Miami in 2001. Our mission is to help people succeed in business with technology. Today, thousands of users around the world in 70 different countries use Magaya.
We are proud to develop software that automates and improves business operations. Our philosophy is to help companies succeed by offering them a complete and flexible package designed to grow with them. The growth of our customers is our growth, so we dedicate ourselves to help them succeed.
The members of the Magaya team are the reason for every success. Each member is encouraged to learn every day and be curious about how to do things better. Personal integrity and innovation are sought after in new employees from the start. The team is more powerful than the individual, so collaboration is in our DNA. Whenever a person in the supply chain asks “How can we do this better?” we want Magaya to be the answer.
JOB TITLE: C++ Software Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop reusable software components
- Ensure code and design meet specifications, quality, and security standards.
- Develop high-quality, maintainable software using cutting-edge technologies and practices.
- Test software components.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- $80,000.00 TO $120,000.00, depending on experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience working in large and complex software projects.
- Quick learner with the ability to be productive within a short timeframe.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Knowledge of the Programming Design Patterns.
- Experience developing in native C++.
- Up-to-date with current programming standards [C++11, C++14, C++17] and best practices.
- Proficient using the C++ Standard Library (STL) and Boost.
- Knowledge of parallel processing and multi-threading.
- Experience with REST, JSON, XML.
- Experience working with Visual Studio and DevOps. Experience with GIT is welcome.
- Disciplined coding style with an eye toward maintainability, scalability, and aesthetics of the code base.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and of Quality Assurance techniques using source control repositories, debugging and testing experience.
- Experience working on fast-paced agile delivery teams.
- Knowledgeable in Windows Programming using Windows APIs and MFC.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
- Experience working with non-relational databases (MongoDB like).
- Experience with Mobile development.
- Experience with Node.js.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to walk
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to sit
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually loud noise (examples: datacenter, server room
What You’ll Love About Magaya
Great Company Culture: Our team is comprised of people who are talented at what they do and have a passion to help our clients. Magaya also offers quarterly company- sponsored events.
Work that Stays at Work: Genuine work/life balance served at Magaya!
Rest and Relaxation: Flexible Vacation and up to 40 hours of sick leave.
Health Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits program with medical, dental, vision offered to all new employees and dependents. Short-term disability, long-term disability, and company paid life insurance.
Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401k plan with a company match.
Learning and Development: From our very own Magaya Software to coding, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed.
AddressEllicott City, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Magaya Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?