Magalia Community Church Magalia, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32,000 to $42,000 Yearly
WHO: Experienced Associate Pastor needed for a six month probation period to eventually become Senior Pastor when current Senior Pastor retires.
WHAT: Magalia Community Church is currently seeking a college/seminary graduate with a degree (BA minimum) in Pastoral Studies, Theology or related fields. Must have proven church building/church planting experience. Prefer missions experience and worship leader experience also. Resumes accepted via email or in person. .
WHERE: Magalia Community Church (MCC) is a non-denominational/Interdenominational church. Founded in 1896, yet it is a living, breathing church for the 21st century. MCC’s nine-acre campus is nestled in Northern California’s Sierra Foothills. The area around the church campus was devastated by the worst fire in California history in November, 2018. Since the fire, MCC has run the largest disaster relief services in the area through our Resource & Recovery Center on the church grounds. Hundreds of people each day – THOUSANDS each month – receive food, clothing, household items, some furniture, counseling and benevolence funding to assist in rebuilding their lives. We are privileged and blessed to be the “hands & feet of Jesus”, living our life as we are taught in Matthew 25:35.
We are looking for a candidate that:
· Is an energetic self-starter who is not afraid of hard work, who is confident yet humble
· Experience preferred in an established church with extensive references (Can be as an unpaid volunteer)
· Has experience working in a team environment
· Emphasis on church growth/church planting especially after a disaster
· Music Ministry experience also required
· That does not have a personal agenda, but truly wants to pastor, spread the Good News of Christ and minister in a community church in need of spiritual guidance and direction
*Able to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
* Have interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy relationships
* High priority on mental and spiritual maturity, self discipline and strong work ethic
* Possess the desire to develop as a Senior Pastor with all the responsibilities that go with that position
*Demonstrate the skills to work with multi-cultural sensitivity and work tactfully with various socioeconomically, cultural, education and/or religious backgrounds – is not afraid to work with “those people”.
* Be able to work in situations where individuals and families are in crisis and under considerable stress
* Must adhere to the cultural, mission and values of Magalia Community Church and the Resource & Recovery Center.
WHAT YOU GET: You will receive a smaller salary as you build the church and an increase is based on your ability to grow the church. Also available is housing and utilities in a large RV on property.
Is God calling you to ministry in church-building and planting?
Is God calling you to be His “hands & feet” with “boots on the ground” without a committee arguing about what to do?
Is God calling you to make a change and step out in faith?
Then pray about it and send in your resume (MCCChurch1896@yahoo.com) – Because we’ll be praying on our end for the right candidate…
To Reach the Ridge for Christ
“You are not alone with our Church Family”
Magalia Community ChurchWhy Work Here?
You can build your own church from the ground up! Low salary at first - increases as you build the church!
13700 Old SkywayMagalia, CA
SpiritualView all jobs at Magalia Community Church