The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician are to actively participate in the maintenance of the community, and promote resident satisfaction according to Madrona Pacific Properties policies, procedures, and standards. This position reports to the Property Manager and is supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Prepare make-ready apartments
- Perform repairs in vacant units, which may involve plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliances, doors, locks, blinds, shelving, floor tiling, ceramic tiling, and some carpentry.
- Paint, caulk, and perform minor drywall repairs.
- Help maintain the make-ready tracking systems.
- Assist in moving appliances and trash-out of units as needed.
Complete service requests
- Perform resident service requests as assigned according to MPP 24-hour policy.
- Repairs may involve plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliances, doors, locks, blinds, shelving, and floor tiling.
- Coordinate outside vendors.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule to include emergency calls outside normal business hours.
Perform common area maintenance
- Assist with spa/pool maintenance, pool filter changes, exterior trash control, irrigation/plumbing repairs, gate maintenance, fitness center, and common area amenity repairs.
Maintain inventory and shop organization
- Ensure adequate supplies are available to perform responsibilities.
- Notify supervisor in advance of inventory needs.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized maintenance shop.
Participate in preventative maintenance program
- Perform preventative maintenance, such as filter changes, HVAC coil cleaning, fitness equipment cleaning,light checks, gutter cleaning, entrance gate cleaning, and mold inspection.
- Participate in regional S.W.A.T. preventative maintenance activities.
Participate in resident satisfaction programs
- Participate in resident activities and preparations.
Communicate with customers, residents, investors, vendors, leadership, and MPP team members
- Review and respond to emails, correspondence, and requests.
Participate in the MPP Risk Management and Safety Programs
- Attend and participate in monthly safety meetings and monthly property inspections.
- Maintain key control policy.
- Maintain fire and life safety equipment.
- Respond to community emergencies such as: major crimes, fire, weather damage, and serious accidents.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to adhere to set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies as required
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures, and practices
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than “home” property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan areas and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
- Able to respond to emergency calls outside of normal business hours
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in apartment maintenance or a trade that requires basic knowledge ofelectricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting and HVAC (preferred)
- Applicable certifications (preferred)
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current automobile insurance (required)
- Own basic set of hand tools (required)
No direct reports.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, use hands to fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects; stoop; balance; climb; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include depth perception; average, ordinary visual acuity to prepare or inspect documents.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, which may include but are not limited to hot, cold, icy, or wet. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Madrona Pacific Properties
Why Work Here?
Awesome work culture and great opportunity for growth!