Madonna Gardens Salinas, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Carefield Living builds and operates outstanding assisted living/memory care communities by focusing on the needs and desires of our community members, their families and friends, our Carefield staff, and the community at large. Our goal is to help our community members grow and strengthen their network of support and friendship, gaining a greater sense of purpose and belonging.
Carefield Living's founders have a long history of working with hotel properties and know the value of great service. As a server in our community, you will have the opportunity to extend the highest level of hospitality and service to our residents and bring them joy every day.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow staff members, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Demonstrate awareness of sanitation regulations in handling and storing food.
- Demonstrate awareness of safety rules in the kitchen.
- Take beverage and meal orders.
- Collect order from kitchen, add appropriate garnish, place meal on tray, and serve to patrons with napkins and condiments.
- Serve dining room patrons with the highest level of customer service.
- Compute bill.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Be familiar with Carefield Living Policies & Procedures Manual and Carefield Living Staff Handbook.
- Be prepared to work in any area of the department.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 50 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every staff member. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
- Must be available for weekend coverage and on call situations on a rotating basis.
- Withstand heat from cooking area and cold from below-zero freezer.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
FoodView all jobs at Madonna Gardens