Sr. Mobile Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Mobile Software Engineer (Remote)
*This is a remote position with up to 25% travel required. Travel will include trips to our San Francisco headquarters, Hair Color Bar hubs across the country, and other events.
Madison Reed is looking for a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to join a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team building Madison Reed's mobile app. The Sr. Mobile Software Engineer is responsible for building and designing mobile app features for complex strategic initiatives and being able to provide technical leadership, mentoring and governance to the development team. The position requires a highly dedicated individual who can deliver results in a high growth, ever-evolving environment.We are looking for a motivated individual with a history of working successfully within small and innovative software teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Software design, architecture, requirements analysis, and software development
- Collaborating with the core engineering and product management team to review product requirements and user stories, propose viable implementation options, and define specific software tasks
- Help architect and build mobile app on both Android and iOS leveraging React Native
- Researching new and evolving technologies and developing proofs-of-concept
- Working in an agile development team to iteratively deliver product releases
- Ensuring code quality through code reviews, thorough unit tests, and collaboration with QA
- Contribute to all areas of the development lifecycle, including architecture, design, development, testing, and releasing to the App Store(Apple and Google)
- Creating elegant, well-tested solutions to complex problems
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 4+ years of front-end software development with strong experience in React Native
- Experience working on 1-2 mobile applications on the App Store
- Experience publishing mobile applications to App Stores
- Experience optimizing mobile application for performance and stability
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of designs
- Build and test new features in existing infrastructure
- Refactor code to be compatible with new Android devices, iOS and iPhone releases
- Experience building large, modular, and maintainable code bases
- Experience designing and building reusable frameworks is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging React Native plugins, or native experience with iOS (Objective-C/Swift), Android (Java / Kotlin) is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments preferably AWS is a plus
Big on Benefits:
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Mental Health Benefits through Talkspace
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- 401k Participation
- Parental Leave Program
- Learning and Education Programs
- Madison Reed Gratis + Discounts on Hair Color Bar Services and Products
- Company Sponsored Events + Surprise and Delights
- But wait, there's more…
We are Madison Reed.
We're disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we've offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice—your place or ours? At home hair color or Hair Color Bar services? Our business is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations. At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists—permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With the launch of our men's line in 2020, we're shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing your own hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar nationwide, we truly live our values—Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do—and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from Madison Reed. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
At Madison Reed, we take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver's license, or bank information, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Madison Reed, let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Madison Reed has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
Pursuant to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
TechnologyView all jobs at Madison Reed