Associate Colorist, Licensed Cosmetologist
- Posted: over a month ago
Associate Colorist, Hair Color Bar
As the Madison Reed Hair Color Bar Associate Colorist, you will be responsible for ensuring the client experience is seamless from arrival to departure. This role is important to our clients Hair Color Bar experience; and helps navigate clients through their visit by recognizing the unique and diverse needs of each client. The Associate Colorist is the expert on Madison Reed consultations, hair care products, blowout services, unlimited roots membership program and subscriptions while providing services to Hair Color Bar clients.
What youll do:
- Actively work in the Hair Color Bar alternating between the retail sales area and the service area while selling Madison Reed products, providing consultations, shampoo and blowout services
- Engage with clients to deliver a distinct and delightful client experience, mapped to their diverse needs, resulting in future client engagement with the Hair Color Bar
- Effectively manage front-end operations while adhering to all company standard operating procedures, including but not limited to buy online pick-up in store, retail client consultations, and orders. Generate revenue for the Hair Color Bar by building the order through additional services, sales of unlimited roots memberships, subscriptions, hair care products and accessories
- Exhibit sales and service behaviors in all interactions and communication with clients
- Regularly achieve and exceed daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals
- Demonstrate a positive and cooperative approach towards teammates, valuing their ideas and insights to expand the positive experience for the client
- Eager to learn and grow your career within Madison Reed through the Colorist training program
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and Holidays as needed
Who you are:
- Entry level up to 1+ year of experience in retail sales; salon or beauty industry experience preferred
- Based on state requirements, Cosmetology/Hairdressing license required hours completed to perform consultations, shampoo and blowout services
- Outstanding communication, problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Computer skills and POS (Point of Sale) system experience are desired
By applying for this job, I agree to receive text (SMS) messages, including via autodialer, related to my application and, if I am hired, to my employment and Madison Reed business. Message and data rates may apply. Text "STOP" at any time to cancel.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, team members will regularly stand/walk for 4 consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 3 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds.
We are Madison Reed.
Were disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, weve offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choiceyour place or ours? Home or Hair Color Bar? Our professional hair color is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in-store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations. At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologistspermanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights, blowout services and more. With our mens line launched in 2020, were shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar, we truly live our valuesLove, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we doand it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from Madison Reed. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
At Madison Reed, we take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, drivers license, or bank information, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Madison Reed, let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Madison Reed has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
Pursuant to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Personal CareView all jobs at Madison Reed
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?