Madison Core Laboratories is seeking a Laboratory Technician (Temporary, Multiple Openings) to support the Molecular Department. This position reports to the Technical Supervisor of Molecular Diagnostics.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Competencies:
- Receive and register clinical samples into the laboratory information management system
- Perform laboratory procedures to extract nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) from clinical samples
- Prepare samples to be analyzed using quantitative PCR equipment
- Prepare and perform reactions to amplify genetic material for downstream analysis using qPCR, microarray or next generation sequencing
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting with great attention to detail
- Able to effectively manage multiple work flow processes
- Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operating equipment and supplies per safety and laboratory guidelines
- Complete other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Technical knowledge of scientific disciplines; knowledge of and skills in laboratory methods; handling of human blood and serum products, their safe use and disposal.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in medical laboratory science, medical technology, clinical laboratory science or in a related science (e.g., laboratory sciences such as microbiology, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, etc.) required,
- OR equivalent education and experience as defined by CLIA '88 for individuals performing high complexity testing.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience required.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to lift 10 to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. Extensive sitting, phone and computer use. Extended hours may be required.
Job Type: Temporary/Contractor Position; Position ineligible for company benefits.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply Today!
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.