Material Control Attendant
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- $17 to $20 Hourly
More Jobs Like This
Our client, a Manufacturing facility located in Yonkers, NY, is in need of a Material Control Attendant. Previous warehouse experience within a manufacturing environment required. Candidate must have an understanding of the production process and be familiar with shipping and receiving functions, Crane and/or forklift experience highly preferred. This is a permanent direct hire position. Hours: 7am-4pm (M-F). Pay Rate: $17-20/hr DOE.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Using written work procedures, engineering drawings, and verbal and written instructions,
- Performs material control functions such as kiting, tracking, and moving material.
- Has proficiency in at least five (5) Material Control functions as identified below.
- Kiting: Picks parts identified on kit lists and assembles them into kits with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, and attention to detail. Efficiently assembles multiple kits from kit lists.
- Warehousing: Performs all warehousing functions, including shipping and receiving functions, with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, attention to detail and careful documentation. Maintains shelf locations by cycle counts as prescribed by written work procedures. Picks parts from the warehouse while maintaining orderly and good housekeeping habits.
- Computer: Maintains a good working knowledge of the Company’s computer inventory system to perform routine tasks of verifying inventory, researching transactions, transfers, issues and receipts.
- Problem solving: Effectively researches problems and reconciles discrepancies. Makes clear and accurate reports of findings. Production Support: Understands the production process and efficiently services and expedites material for production. Identifies, notifies, and tracks shortages and lost or damaged materials.
- Stacking Crane Operation: Operates forklift vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. Performs material movement of all sizes of material. Loads and unloads trailer trucks and containers.
- Overhead Crane Operation: Operates cab and pendant cranes efficiently with high degree of safety.
- Forklift Operation: Operates forklift vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. Performs material movement of all sizes of material. Loads and unloads trailer trucks and containers.
- Must have at minimum, three (3) years of work experience in a material control, stockroom, or related capacity, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must know how to use a tape measure, hammer and nails, and other hand tools.
- Must read, write, and speak English.
- Must be proficient in English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified period of time.
- Must know basic arithmetical computation and have excellent counting skills.
- Must be capable of working in an active manufacturing environment, be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to lift, push or pull at minimum 40 pounds.
Madison ApproachYonkers, NY
USAView All Madison Approach Jobs
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.