We are looking for a Demand Planner with supply experience to join our Finance team with a dotted line into sales. The Demand Planner position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products for 12-18 month horizon, working predominantly to start on our Walmart business. The Demand Planner will create and maintain forecasts, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, and finance. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
Develop demand forecasts at item level for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models.
- Coordinate cross-functional SIOP activities to achieve and reconcile the demand forecast to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Make informed recommendations based on the data with an ability to share data in a cohesive manner to the leadership team so they are able to identify opportunities and maximize revenue
- Ability and proven track record with creating/delivering presentations cross-functionally, specifically as it pertains to demand planning, giving an overview of orders, inventory management, and any inventory gaps that may occur
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key retailers, factories, supply partners, and operations team to execute on the SIOP strategy
- Ability to recognize supply gaps and transportation issues, and build a strategy to ameliorate the situation
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Contribute to the success of company by assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned
- 4-6 years’ experience in Demand and Supply Chain planning. Experience within the industry or CPG environment is preferred.
- BA/BS required, in Business, Supply Chain or similar related field.
- SIOP/S&OP experience required
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Experience using planning software's including Logility, Blue Yonder, SAP BPC, O9
- Highly analytical with an aptitude for interpreting and utilizing data to improve, propose and implement change.
- Must be self-motivated and self-starter, with strong analytical skill, attention to detail, and systems acumen.
- Highly proficient in handling large datasets within Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Team player mentality, we all win and learn together.
*Full-time position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program, including remote work schedule, extended medical/dental/vision, 401K plus company match, EAP, discount program, holidays, and Summer Fridays
Made by GatherNew York, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.