The Seasonal Visual Merchandiser is responsible for arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store. May follow a floor plan to re-merchandise an area in preparation for special events or season changes. Performs other duties as assigned.
As a Seasonal Visual Merchandising Associate, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life during the fast-paced holiday season. Associates in this role perform a number of functions that are critical to offering our customers the best experience when they shop in our store. While all seasonal positions require working as part of a team to meet department and store objectives, your individual responsibilities include creating the customer's first impression of Macy's. We will rely on you to not only implement corporate visual standards, but also add your own unique and innovative visual flair. Seasonal Visual Merchandising Associates are an integral part of Macy's success, giving us the ability to maintain our iconic merchandising standards, recognized as among the best in the industry.
In order to present our customers with the best seasonal shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Visual Merchandising Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for seasonal shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations using the loan book to check merchandise into and out of departments.
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows.
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives.
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives.
- Understand customer preferences and exercise judgment when deviating from company directives to appeal to specific customer base.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Additional education training in art or merchandising is preferred.
- Merchandise presentation or visual presentation experience is preferred.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division