In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, while you won't have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you'll have maximum flexibility to earn money - and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times you will be assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Seasonal Merchandising Associate shift start times will vary by location. Shift start times include:
- Early Mornings - Shift starts between 4 am and 6 am
- Mid Mornings - Shift starts between 7 am and 10 am
- Afternoons - Shift starts between 11 am and 2 pm
- Mid Afternoons - Shift starts between 3 pm and 5 pm
- Evenings - Shift starts between 6 pm and 9 pm
- Late Evenings - Shift starts between 10 pm and midnight
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring that both the store and online customers are always the #1 priority.
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including point of sale transactions, credit and loyalty program enrollment, and helping him/her find what he/she is looking for
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Colleagues throughout the store to create a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor as soon as time permits
- Support Omni-channel initiatives such as fulfillment of online or Buy Online/Pick Up in Store orders.
- Perform all functions in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner and flex between tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise support tasks and flex between tasks (merchandising, pricing, signing, fulfillment, replenishment, receiving, reverse logistics, radio frequency scanning, and stockroom maintenance) as needed to ensure completion/execution.
- Execute merchandising tasks including placement of merchandise to standards, movement of fixtures and merchandise for seasonal sets, stockroom maintenance, and organization, replenishment to the selling floor, collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas, processing and packing of damages, transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise, and other duties as assigned.
- Execute signing tasks including organization, maintenance, and accountability of sign shop and sign cart including sign libraries, toppers, headers, and holders, sign set up/removal based on radio frequency hand held tools, conducting random sign audits to ensure correct selling price is reflected on signs, and other duties as assigned.
- Execute pricing tasks including marking correct markup/markdown price on merchandise, using correct price change labels, conducting random price audits to ensure correct price is reflected on merchandise, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist customers and complete point of sale transactions as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Previous experience in a support role is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.