R&D Lab Tech II
Performs testing assignments which are generally standardized but may require devising some special apparatus or technique. May troubleshoot certain malfunctioning equipment and make simple repairs. Extracts, processes, and summarizes test data. Performs routine analysis to check accuracy, applicability, and reasonableness of data.
Proficient at the following duties and requires only occasional management support and supervision to handle intermediate to difficult issues.
Hours for this position are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Conducts standard laboratory and industry tests to determine nature and physical properties of various raw materials, compounds, and coated products. Trials are conducted in lab as well as running trials in the plant
- Utilizes laboratory test equipment and methods sometimes modifying the equipment to meet special test requirements. Records test results in laboratory record book or electronic database, provides basic interpretation for data gathered, and prepares reports of data for further interpretation by R&D personnel.
- Fabricates laboratory samples for R&D personnel or customers using standard or experimentally prepared compounds with web stocks as prescribed.
- Coordinates testing with customers and vendors on relevant PS test methods as needed in the lab.
- Occasionally assists in oversight of plant trial runs with R&D personnel.
- Assists process and product improvement efforts through the application of designed experimentation, including appropriate statistical techniques to lead efforts in experimental planning and analysis.
- Maintains clean equipment and work area and routinely assists in cleaning or servicing the laboratory.
- Adheres to the Laboratory Chemical Hygiene plan during all phases of work in the lab/plant.
- Reports experimental results to internal personnel.
- Works primarily on assigned shift but may be required to work alternate shifts as needed to support the business needs.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Direct Reports: No
- Physical Requirements:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend and reach.
- Must be able to utilize all laboratory equipment (rheometer, lab coaters, lab mixers, UV curing units, adhesion and shear testers) to determine performance of PSAs.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Safety PPE is mandatory in all laboratory and manufacturing environments in accordance with plant policy.
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor / Entry - Level
- Reports to: R&D Lab Supervisor
- Location: Troy, OH
- Travel: Up to 15% travel with an R&D professional
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Two year degree preferred with emphasis on Math and Chemistry highly desirable.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact will all levels of personnel within Mactac.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Math skills with emphasis on measurable impact of mathematical calculations
- Ability to work independently
- 3 - 7 years of lab experience. Industry related experience (i.e., coatings, structural adhesives, packaging adhesives, hot melt carton-sealing adhesives, plastics compounding) may be acceptable.
- Valid driver's license.
- Internal: Frequent contact with various levels of Mactac personnel
- External: Minimal interaction with customers and vendors - demonstrational purposes only
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Ineligible for Relocation
What You'll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family. On-site gym available.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Mactac North AmericaTroy, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.