Process Engineer I
Mactac North America Moosic, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Summary: Manage and support programs important to maintaining reliability and process control of plant process lines. Work closely with Process Engineer II and operations to improve and maintain yields and equipment OEE. Support safety, quality, delivery, cost, and environmental initiatives. This is an entry level engineering position with expectant advancement to Process Engineer II level within 5 years.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to transfer knowledge, experience and expertise to operators, team leaders and maintenance technicians.
- Must be able to effectively lead a team and participate in team interactions.
- Must be able to plan and conduct process and equipment training for crews.
- Must be self-directing, possess a strong attention to detail, and exhibit basic program management skills.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot process problems and implement corrective actions.
- Will be required to learn and manage the following programs/systems and maintain related procedures:
- Roll Management - tracking location, condition, adherence to spec, recoat, reorder, and vendor management, etc.
- Coater Product Specification - new entry, recipe management
- Process Equipment Management - track usage and upkeep on coating equipment
- Will be able to learn and use statistics to track key process variables and incorporate control charting where deemed necessary or directed
- Will be required to conduct daily rounds and act appropriately on deficiencies in conjunction with the Process Engineer II.
- Will be required to support development trials.
- Will be required to utilize and apply science and math applications beyond the basic level.
- Will audit/update/maintain written work standards of best practices in conjunction with the Process Engineer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: Four-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required
- Experience: 0-2 years in a manufacturing facility, applicable internship experience will be considered.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics, and other tools in analysis and solution generation.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Goal Setting: Able to define and prioritize realistic, specific goals and objectives.
- Professionalism: Able to maintain professionalism while dealing with frequent change, delays, unexpected events or time demands.
- Commitment to Tasks: Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to use computers to do word processing and to perform advanced functions with spreadsheets and databases is required.
- Ability to sort and analyze data in various excel and other statistical forums required.
- Ability to use SPC software to analyze and process data, such as Wonderware
- Ability to use maintenance software, such as MP2
- The person in this position normally works in a manufacturing environment with a significant amount of time spent in the manufacturing facility. Hearing, eye and foot protection are mandatory in the manufacturing area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mactac North America
ManufacturingView all jobs at Mactac North America