- $22 to $25 Hourly
The shift is 2nd (3 PM - 11:00 PM) Monday - Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the slitter/rewinder is producing quality product.
- Identify each individual roll coming off the slitter with the proper pre-designated number representing the web location.
- Ensures proper materials and machine settings are used.
- Communicates support needs of the machine as required.
- Ensures that all instructions are carried out.
- Ensures all paperwork and data entry is completed accurately.
- Ensures assistant and material handler is working towards optimum productivity and waste reduction capabilities.
- Pick/Pack orders as needed for operating and shipping.
- Monitors deviations in materials and running conditions; makes corrections with crew assistance; and reports deviations to proper supervisor.
- Performs all 5S activities as assigned in the time frame provided per procedures.
- Performs other duties as required, including assisting in preparation and packaging.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Ensures crew is following environmental, safety and housekeeping standards and regulations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Maintain clean working station.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finishing DC Manager or Lead Operator.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Previous experience supporting an industrial fluid application facility preferable Strong oral and written communication, excellent computer skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements, and attention to detail are essential.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate, is required to stand for extended periods of time without sitting as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting, or crawling.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must maintain and account for assigned tools and equipment.
- Must have valid Forklift Operator's license or pass required training. (Able to safely operate forklifts scissor lifts and boom lifts in a production environment.)
- Other duties assigned based on operational needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of required machine station prior to obtaining assistant status.
- Must be willing and available to train on all Finishing equipment.
- Ability to use basic computer system's hardware and software.
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience
Follow all EHS standards and regulation, facility work rules, and contribute to the safety of all employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Pre-start lift Safety checklists, Shift Passovers.
- Attend all Safety Training, monthly meetings.
- Contribute to Hazard Id program
This position works in the production facility. Reflective clothing, eye and foot protection are mandatory and Hearing protection in required areas.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mactac North AmericaLemont, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.