Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: May 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the leadership, guidance and direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist will perform Human Resources functions including administration of policies and programs as well as maintain records and documentation. This individual will also research and analyze data in relation to statistics, projects, and strategic initiatives. The HR Generalist assists all employees by providing information and answers to HR related questions. The HR Generalist assists in the recruitment and retainment of all employees. Assists the Human Resources Manager with other HR related duties as requested.
- Awareness of and Adherence to all, Corporate & Site; Environmental, Health, & Safety, policies & procedures.
- Provides guidance to employees related to all major benefit programs-hospital/medical, pharmacy, dental, life insurance, dependent life insurance, LTD, 401(k), workers' compensation, unemployment claims, wellness, employee activities, etc.
- Inputs employee changes into the HRIS system, such as transfers, job changes, promotions, demotions, terminations, pay increases, etc. and obtains the proper approval for such changes.
- Working directly with the organization's HRIS (ADP Workforce Now), benefit providers, and the Finance department to ensure accurate billing and payment processing, including review, reconciling, and applying budget coding for monthly employee insurance bills to be processed.
- Manages system configuration for benefit & retirement enrollments for new hires, open enrollment, benefits communication and employee resources.
- Helps coordinate the open enrollment process and any other related meetings leading up to it.
- Manage end to end employee benefit & retirement enrollment process including new hires, qualifying events, system approvals, evidence of insurability, terminations, HSA account set up and funding and 401k distributions.
- Coordinate & support annual benefit & retirement 5500 filings and annual audit process.
- Partners with ADP & the benefit carriers on requests and maintains accuracy of weekly EDI feeds
- Manage annual distribution of required employee notices such as SPD, Medicare notices, SAR, etc.
- Support annual benefit evaluation process including strategic analysis and enrollment census creation.
- Support management of benefit vendors.
- Assist payroll team with managing and maintaining absence management balances.
- Documenting and maintaining administrative processes and procedures for all benefit-related processes.
- Manage all leave of absences including paperwork, communications to employees, leave tracking, paid time off, collection of benefit premiums
- Supports Talent Acquisition.
- Supports site in continuous improvement plans in an effort to retain employees and to become an employer of choice for the area.
- Provides guidance on support/service matters for the employees; including leader counsel, and employee advocacy; provides proactive customer service approach and timely response to inquiries on policy/procedure, employee relation concerns, benefit clarification, etc.
- Works with managers and supervisors regarding employee matters surrounding performance to include coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, conducting employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Works with managers and supervisors regarding employee matters surrounding organizational and compensation changes to include job description review, job changes, promotions, Salary Planning, etc.
- Managing, updating, and filing Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) logs of injuries/incidents recorded with each calendar year to meet federal and state regulations.
- Maintaining the internal work injury/incident reporting process, investigating matters as necessary and communicating with workers compensation insurers to report all cases.
- Responsible onboarding of all hourly/salary positions; this is inclusive of sourcing, interviewing, selection, orientation for new hire and rehire employees.
- May travel occasionally to other facilities and attend outside the normal business hours employee meetings.
- Other duties as identified with team and/or Business Partner interaction.
- Decision Impact: Stow
- Budgetary (P&L) Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Physical Requirements: This position requires constant standing, sitting and walking. Manual dexterity is used for the computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment. This position also requires lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Management Responsibilities Level: Individual Contributor
- Reports to: HR Director
- Location: Stow, OH
- Travel: up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources with 3+ years of Human Resources experience. Or, the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment required.
- HR Certification a plus
- HRIS experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- Detail-Oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
- Process creation and improvement experience a must
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize work accordingly
- Self-manager of projects, deadlines, and time
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ensures confidentiality of all HR & Payroll records
- Internal: Daily contact with Managers, Headquarters, office and hourly employees to handle duties as needed
- External: External Job Applicants, Financial Institutions and Government Agencies, Vendors & Suppliers for office
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Relocation
What You'll Love About Us:
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make change.
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company match.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Mactac North America
4560 Darrow RdStow, OH
BusinessView all jobs at Mactac North America