Cashier - Fargo
Mac's Hardware Fargo, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cashiers strive to provide great customer service through the timely and accurate processing of customer transactions. Cashiers greet customers, scans merchandise, processes all returns, refunds, and exchanges and uses the cash register to close a transaction. The position also includes maintenance and stocking responsibilities as assigned. Since the cashier will often be the first and last person a customer will encounter when shopping with us they should greet each customer when they enter and thank each customer for shopping with us when they leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers as they enter and exit the store, creating a lasting impression of friendliness to the customer.
- Answer incoming phones calls in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Accurately scan or otherwise record the product being sold, returned, or transferred, so that the sales and inventory records for the store are correctly maintained for that product.
- Follow established systems policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer and count down the cash drawer at the end of the shift.
- Direct customers to appropriate sales personnel and assist with customer questions on product location, price, store hours, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly checkout area.
- Assist in merchandising and stocking products as directed, particularly the products that are located near the checkout area.
- Utilize accepted in-store communication methods to notify personnel in yard or warehouse that a customer needs assistance with loading or returning product.
- Use CNRG Resource Center to submit instances of items with incorrect retail prices, items that will not scan properly, or items with incorrect descriptions.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
- Clean the interior store and exterior areas of the facility.
- Help identify and correct safety problems or hazards.
- Follow company procedure with regard to any handling of paperwork, cash, credit cards, or checks.
- Possess strong working knowledge of store and yard security measures. Report all violations of company policy immediately.
- Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders, forklifts, trucks).
- Follow and ensure others follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times.
- Attend and participate at regular safety meetings with store associates.
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by store management or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Must have good oral/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone. Must be customer service-oriented and team-oriented. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas. Must be able to use a scanner, key in data, accurately count and distinguish denominations of money. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This job is an hourly position (not exempt from overtime). Though successful cashiers may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Central Network Retail Group, LLC complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
RetailView all jobs at Mac's Hardware