Linux System Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Working at Macro Solutions, a leading provider of IT and management consulting services, is an opportunity to collaborate with great people who have a passion for the services they provide to our clients. We are currently looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator to join one of our Federal projects in Reston, VA. This role requires US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitor and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Perform systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Provide Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Configure operating systems with other duties including, setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Education + Experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance, Poly preferred
- Current CompTIA Security+ or equivalent IAT Level II Certification.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS
- Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications
- XML Proficiency
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments
- Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Current CI polygraph
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Macro Solutions is a woman-owned IT and management consulting firm that helps government organizations select, implement, integrate and maintain critical business solutions. A relationship company at our core, we pride ourselves on building high-touch, high-trust environments for our clients and partners, at every level of our business. Assessed at CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both Development and Services and ISO 9001:2015 certification, Macro delivers honest, powerful results from the inside, outward.
Deeply invested in advancing long lasting employee relationships, our distinctive Consultant Care program ensures that our employees are always a priority at every level of the organization and has been integral to our 94% employee retention rate.
Along with a supportive environment and culture that thrives on dreaming big, getting things done and having fun together, Macro Solutions offers employees a full suite of competitive benefits, including health, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
If you would like to learn more about Macro, are interested in joining our team, or would like to learn more about our Consultant Care program visit our website.
Macro Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Macro Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?