Daniel Pink, in his book "Drive" points out that to be motivated in your job you need three things... 1. Autonomy, 2. A chance to develop Mastery, 3. Purpose.
Here at Machaon Diagnostics, we can give you this, if you are curious, ask questions and are a self-starter.
Machaon Diagnostics delivers essential clinical laboratory services (coagulation, platelet, rare disease and genetic testing) to doctors and hospitals around the country and internationally to help guide treatment of critically ill patients. We literally save lives. We also conduct contracted research for the pharmaceutical industry to bring the cures of tomorrow to market faster.
You’ll learn about a range of tests and diseases and you’ll learn from PhDs, clinical laboratory scientists (CLSs) and physicians. You’ll develop mastery of our testing and the clinical needs of physicians ordering our tests.
We are a 40+ person clinical reference laboratory seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Inside Sales Representative for our headquarters in Oakland, located on the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center campus; we also have a laboratory in New Orleans. You will work closely with three regional sales directors and our CEO to identify and reach out to new sales targets and build our Salesforce database. Phone calls, emails, database/web-research and trade shows are the tools you’ll employ to reach your goals. You’ll use our Objectives and Key Results (OKR) system to track your progress.
Phone calls to hospitals, scientists and physicians are a significant part of this position and you should be comfortable making many calls a day. You’ll be trained by our client services directors and scientists to successfully engage with hospital staff and physicians as you build deep understanding of our business.
- Making phone calls to prospective and current hospital clients
- Account set-up and account support
- Running opportunity-lead reports from various databases by region
- Conducting research on facilities and physicians to expand our databases
- Expanding and curating qualified physicians/lab staff in Salesforce.com
- Building, shipping and tracking draw kits, sent out nationally
- Mastering our laboratory service offerings
Requirements & Attributes:
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and task-oriented
- Self-starter with innate curiosity
- At least two years of work experience, ideally in a scientific/healthcare field
- An educational background in Business or Biology is a plus
- BA or BS degree is required
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly and to learn the lexicon of our field
- Should be well-spoken and well-written (our audience is mostly physicians and laboratory directors)
- The ability to do both complicated tasks and mundane tasks with the same level of energy
- Salesforce.com familiarity highly desired
- Positive attitude with a high level of ethics
- Focused yet flexible
- Excellent customer service skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K ( after one year of employment)