Mace Security International, the leader in pepper spray is currently looking to hire an experienced, innovative, take-charge Plant Manager.
Lead and direct all plant operations including procurement, optimal demand planning, lead time reduction, factory layout, inventory management, and accuracy
Plan and lead continuous improvement projects aligned with plant goals and objectives
Build knowledge of the pepper spray industry. Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Mace’s business and manufacturing processes
Oversee the development and execution of growth and performance improvement strategies for the plant. Ensure production operations, schedules, workloads, personnel, machine utilizations, are met in achieving the required production outputs and service levels for Mace pepper spray
Assess the performance of plant leadership and develop individuals accordingly
Develop the production team’s technical and leadership capabilities with a focus on efficient and tactical plant operations.
Oversee the budget for manufacturing operations, including capital expenditures, staffing, shipping, and supply chain costs
Create competitive advantages in the area of low-cost manufacturing, supplier based cost improvement and opportunities for access to the most effective tools and technology
Direct the development of Mace’s initiatives, ensuring optimal manufacturing processes and the development of sufficient process data for validation of current and future product manufacturing
Demonstrate effective leadership combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
Drive and document root cause analyses and corrective actions
Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other key leaders to ensure execution of department(s) and organizational goals
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Business, MBA (desired)
- 5+ years of plant management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in consumer products
- Previous training in 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma and/or CPIM, certification is a plus
- Experienced in building, motivating and mentoring strong performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in people management, change management and project management
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate, with all levels of staff and management
- Must have a professional and strong business acumen
- Above average computer, written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Ability to manage various priorities
- Communicates assertively, professionally, effectively and respectfully at all times
- Must be extremely organized and able to implement structure and processes
- Respond with a sense of urgency
- Lead and motivate others
- Excellent time management
- Methodical problem solving, must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Manage change and conflicts
Mace began with the invention of a chemical compound in 1965, which later evolved into pepper spray in the 1980s.
Our history of innovation continued with the creation of pepper gel in 2004.
We brought these products to people around the globe, and we’ve been improving the product to be more effective and easier
to use ever since.
Mace Security International
Why Work Here?To be clear, Mace is Pepper Spray. But not all pepper spray is Mace® Brand. Mace began with the invention of a chemical compound in 1965, which later evolved into pepper spray in the 1980s. Our history of innovation continued with the creation of pepper gel in 2004. We brought these products to people around the globe, and we’ve been improving the product to be more effective and easier to use ever since.
Mace is the original and world leader in pepper spray