Sales Representative - Environmental Equipment
MacQueen Equipment Group Ankeny, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
From small beginnings back in 1961, MacQueen evolved to what it is today: the premier dealer, supplier, and partner to private companies and municipalities throughout the Midwest. With over a dozen locations, we service cities, towns, and businesses by providing the street sweepers, sewer cleaners, garbage trucks, snow removal equipment and vacuum excavators that keep communities functional, clean, and safe.
In 2016, MacQueen became an authorized Pierce fire truck dealer, and MacQueen Emergency was born. Today we sell, service, and support fire apparatus and other life-saving emergency equipment for fire departments across our territory. We also acquired two long-standing companies – Bell Equipment and 5 Alarm – to bolster our network.
MacQueen is growing, and we're looking for qualified job seekers to grow with us. We offer a family-first, flexible environment with ample opportunities for professional development.
At MacQueen, we make work play. We tackle complex challenges, work hard, high-five and celebrate. We're risk-takers, fast learners, and trailblazers. We pride ourselves on integrity and work to improve the lives of everyone who dedicates their talents to our company. Together, we're redefining an industry in desperate need of a shakeup.
The Sales Representative role will be a business-minded professional who strives for organizational success, seeks career growth, and desires the ability to own one's own income potential. As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for driving profitable sales growth by developing, maintaining, and advancing accounts by regularly contacting existing customers and prospecting for new customers within a defined territory. This role reports to the Territory Sales Manager or VP/Director of Sales.
- Responsible for maintaining existing and building new customer relationships in defined territory
- Demonstrate and communicate product specifications and their benefits to customers
- Support customers from start-to-delivery and throughout the customer lifecycle
- Know and follow a defined sales process: 5-4-3-2-1 Sales Methodology
- Employ a consultative selling approach to identify and manage customer needs and expectations gaining a trusted advisor relationship
- Understand the competition to maintain the MacQueen's competitive advantage
- Maintain good customer relations; intervene to solve problems and disputes
- Look for ways to enhance customer relations within the scope of MacQueen's Mission Statement
- Use CRM to track customer activity, record Fleet and sales forecast including all wins and losses
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used apparatus
- Travel will be required to meet with customers, attend meetings/inspections at manufacturing facility, participate in regional trade shows and attend company events/training
- Learn and become proficient with the manufacturer's sales configuration program
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree is preferred – Business Admin, Marketing or Engineering
- Will have prior Heavy Equipment Sales experience or at least five years of industry related sales experience
- Must be highly motivated, results-oriented and self-starter
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Work with a Sense of urgency
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit the ability to work independently through a flexible schedule
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Understand various computer programs: CRM, CDK (ERP), Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Valid driver's license and must obtain a CDL license
MacQueen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. PM18
MacQueen Equipment Group
BusinessView all jobs at MacQueen Equipment Group