MacPherson's is the largest distributor of art materials in North America, with revenue exceeding $150 million annually. The Company continues to experience incremental growth year over year within our business segment. A 100% employee owned company, MacPherson's has 180+ employee-owners and distributes over 60,000 SKU’s of art materials from our distribution centers located in Reno and Atlanta. We maintain our competitive advantage by providing our broad range of customers with high fill rates, quick turnaround times and huge breadth of product.
The success of MacPherson’s has been driven in large part by our world class sales organization, responsible for providing strategic account management and service excellence for over 2,000 customers.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision and management of the credit and collection functions and staff. This is a hands-on role with direct collections and management reporting responsibilities.
Must adhere to the highest professional standards and ethical principles. A strong work ethic and impeccable attention to detail are required. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor must be able to work independently with an innate sense of urgency, while delivering consistent performance. Commitment to our customers’ success is key and it will be important to understand the credit and collection function as part of the Company’s value proposition to its customers.
- Make daily credit review and collection calls.
- Supervisor invoicing changes and address customer order issues.
- Conduct account research and analysis.
- Supervise credit and collections staff.
- Manage the company’s collections escalations process.
- Interact and communicate with multiple cross-functional departments and all levels of management.
- Research, develop, write, and update policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines for the department.
- Prepare and maintain various reports.
- Direct reporting to the CFO for credit issues and dotted line reporting to the Assistant Controller for process improvements
- Five to seven years of work experience in credit and collections, with responsibility for direct customer contact. Three years of supervisory experience.
- BA/BS in accounting or the equivalent in directly related experience.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities.
- Recent experience and proficiency Accounts Receivable and general accounting software applications and standard business software.
What’s in it for you?
Benefits include medical, vision and dental plans, Section 125, disability, life insurance, voluntary benefits, 401(k) and Employee Ownership programs, paid vacation and holidays, along with provision for sick pay.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in MacPherson's.
If an applicant needs reasonable accommodation when applying for this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about MacPherson's go to: https://macphersonart.com/home/index.html
MacPherson’s is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.