MacHero is an Apple-focused Managed Service Provider in Chicago. We manage the information technology for many small (and some not-so-small) businesses and non-profits in the area. We're looking for another savvy individual to join our team and help us provide excellent IT support and systems management for Apple users. This position is a full-time position with MacHero that includes competitive pay and benefits.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience supporting business users in an Apple ecosystem. Although fundamental Apple systems support is required, you will also need to understand Apple MDM deployment systems like FileWave or JAMF and have an intermediate knowledge of network design. IT Consulting experience is preferred.
This is a full-time position that includes competitive pay, health benefits, vacation time and holiday pay. This position is based out of our downtown office. From there you'll support clients via screen sharing or venture out to client offices throughout Chicago.
1. Please review all of the requirements below
2. Submit your resume and cover letter with compensation requirements
Qualified candidates will be contacted via phone to verify information before interview.
- Apple Certified Support Professional certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or 4+ years professional experience in technology consulting for businesses.
- Ability to travel to our client locations in Chicago and the immediate suburbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable administering Mac OS X from the command line
- Mac Systems deployment and imaging via DeployStudio, JAMF, FileWave, AutoPKG, Munki, and similar tools.
- iOS MDM systems setup/administration
- Apple Business Manager (ie DEP and VPP programs)
- Synology NAS device setup/administration
- Networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (routers, firewalls, L2/L3 switches, etc.)
- Network protocols including TCP/UDP/DHCP/DNS
- Experience administering VPN systems
- Meticulous with documentation and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks without neglecting commitments
- Ability to work as part of a team
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience managing Open Directory/LDAP including DSCL from command line
- OSI model and related network troubleshooting methodologies.
- CCNA/CCNP or similar
- Active Directory integration with Apple devices
- VOIP Telephony and related systems
- Google Apps administration
At this time, MacHero does not pay interview travel or relocation expenses for non-local candidates. In order to be considered, all candidates must attend in-person interviews at our corporate office in downtown Chicago.