Senior Project Manager - Commercial Construction
- $95,000 to $115,000 Yearly
The Project Manager is responsible for leading projects, managing and monitoring the construction team, securing subcontracts, purchasing, monthly invoicing, change orders, approving subcontractor payments, weekly progress meetings, as well as ensuring quality, production, and safety throughout the construction process. The Project Manager will exhibit strong skills in construction management, and will demonstrate an ability to oversee total construction efforts, providing administrative and technical direction to their team ensuring each project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule specifications. The Project Manager acts in a fundamental leadership role to provide administrative oversight, secure safety, and manage all operation functions of the project management team. Eligible candidates must have 5+ years experience as a Project Manager in commercial construction managing multiple trades.
Role Expectations and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of complex building systems including excavation, installation of utilities, foundations and structural systems, building envelope, MEP installation and finish work.
- Extensive experience estimating, pre-construction activities, and project start-ups
- Proven and demonstrated ability to manage construction budgets, contract administration, customer service in responding promptly to needs, and change order management process.
- Understanding the internal and external customer business needs; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Competent ability to work in conjunction with the site management team to develop schedules, trade sequences, plan phasing, and logistics ensuring performance results and meeting goals.
- Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
- Proven ability to proactively plan ahead and maintain effectiveness in reaching set goals, while adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Able to understand project flow for commercial construction projects and being accountable to project outcomes.
- Proven ability to implement solutions to challenges utilizing business acumen to overcome issues while maximizing revenue and managing cash flow.
- Lead productive meetings (OAC, SUB, etc.) by facilitating and guiding engagement with agenda development and communications with the clientele, design team and subcontractors
- Ability to mediate challenging situations to reach favorable outcomes where decisions involve other parties.
- Willingness to mentor, model and develop a strong team mindset from start to finish of a project.
- Achieving results through people by successful objective setting, performance review, motivation, delegation, teambuilding, mentoring others
- Actively and continuously gaining insight of strengths and weaknesses in order to identify the relevant areas that need further development
- Perform other related duties, as designated
- Proven experience completing projects on schedule and meeting budget goals
This is a position for individuals with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in commercial construction or qualified experience including minimum 12 months experience in an Assistant Project Manager or equivalent level role; Demonstrated mastery of managing all project finances, actively working toward knowledge of business development practices.
- Minimum 5+ Years experience as a Project Manager with a Self-Performing General Contractor on $5-20+MM projects
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management preferred, or engineer related degree
- Associates Degree and 10 years of progressive experience as a Project Engineer of Superintendent
- Experience with computer-based scheduling programs such as Primavera or MS Project
- Extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and project management systems, such as ProCore
- Project Management with Self-Performing General Contractor experience with commercial projects such as Fueling Stations, Public Works, Correctional, Educational K-12, and Industrial
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects
- Extensive knowledge of construction materials and equipment
Personnel Management |40+ Hours/week |Dynamic work schedule dependent on project status |Working construction environment |Outdoor/Construction Site Work/Office setting |Moderate Safety Risk |Deadline Requirements |Delivery of accurate and completed project
MacDougall Pierce Construction, Inc.
12720 Ford DriveFishers, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.