Project Accountant - Construction / Mechanical Contractor
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (MacMiller) we make buildings work better. As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and its because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, its an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! Take the work seriously, but never ourselves too seriously. Its possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Project Accountant: This is where you come in. The Project Accountant reports to Jennifer Richmond / Project Accountant Supervisor on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support the growing business.
The Project Accountant processes all job cost related duties, including processing documents, contracts, change orders, billings, billing substantiation, transfers, journal entries, subcontracts, subcontractor invoices, job substantiations, and filing. The Project Accountant works closely with Account Managers (Sales) and Project Managers.
Top 4 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Execute as a financial partner for an assigned business unit or large project
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure the projects overall financial health throughout the setup, contract, change order management, and billing administration.
- Coordinate billing meetings to ensure high clarity of communication and high standard of operation efficiency.
- Active participant in negotiating and reviewing project contracts and subcontracts.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration and/or prior Accounting experience! Project Accounting experience is a plus!
- Experience with Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with WennSoft and Microsoft Dynamics experience
And everyone you work with should describe you as
- Incredibly strong work ethic
- Strong communicator and easy to work with
- Goal/results oriented
- Detail-oriented but able to see the big picture
And you should be motivated by...
- Working constructively with other team members to accomplish a common goal
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan with 40% employer match
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Where you will work
Most of our office staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19. When it's deemed safe to return to the office, this position would be located out of our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.