Manager - Project Management
- Expired: January 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – Engineering, fabrication and install of mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction practices
- Special projects – Retrofits and mechanical repairs for existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance – Control systems, fault detection, energy services and remote monitoring
- Collaboration – Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication – We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety – Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it’s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community – We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation – We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! – Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. It’s possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Manager - Project Management: This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Manager - Project Management to be responsible for developing and directing the Project Management operations and strategic planning to meet MMFS’ goals within the Building Automation Controls division. This person provides overall strategic governance for projects by establishing standards, processes, resources, and tools used for effective project delivery. In return for achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.
Top deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Create and maintain department operating procedures in alignment with company culture and operating guidelines
- Provide direction and initiatives in line with the overall strategic vision of the organization
- Manage department project management resource requirements with work volume
- Develop and train Building Controls project managers
- Administrate Building Controls project management salary, hiring and separation
- Oversee financial reporting and POC administration
- Manage controls projects as needed
You should have…
- A track record of adherence to the regular work schedule assigned and predictable attendance
- Expertise reading architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, and controls plans and be familiar with a variety of HVAC systems and terminology.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering or other education and/or experience by which a reasonable understanding of HVAC and plumbing systems has been gained.
- Minimum of 5 years of Building Automated Controls systems project management experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience of managing a team of individuals.
- Having strong organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Being able to effectively interact with customers, field personnel, team members, sales staff, and other office staff
- Possessing the qualities of an innovative thinker and team leader.
- Managing multiple mechanical projects of varying sizes and complexities simultaneously while consistently setting goals and meeting deadlines.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long-term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested in learning more?
If you’re ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions