Campus Career Opportunities
- $24 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental
****DISCLAIMER: This posting is used for CAMPUS CAREER FAIRS. If you did not see us on your school's campus, please feel free to apply to our 2024 Summer Internship Program. Our internship recruiting process takes 2-3 months, so we appreciate your patience as we work through our career fair schedule.****
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions ("MacMiller") we make buildings work better. As the Northwest's leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver, and service HVAC, plumbing, and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 11 offices - there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers' expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction - From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40-story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On-demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and it's because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration - Diverse players, one team, and a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication - We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety - Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hard hats and boots, it's an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community - We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation - We are committed to continuous, creative problem-solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! - Take the work seriously, but never ourselves too seriously. It's possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Interns: This is where you come in.
The MMFS Internship Program lasts 12 weeks and is based on your school's Summer schedule. You will be treated like a full-time employee with individual and group projects being assigned to you throughout your time with us. MacDonald-Miller is a collaborative work environment with all our departments working together to achieve aggressive goals for major projects in the Pacific Northwest! Read on to see what it takes to be the best Intern you can be!
We're looking for Interns for a couple of different opportunities:
- Project Management
- And more!
Top deliverables to be a hero:
- Learn as much as you can about HVAC, plumbing, and mechanical contracting!
- Help out your team!
- For Estimating that would be working on mechanical estimates, which requires a lot of creativity and collaboration.
- For Engineering, it would be working on engineering drawings and doing calculations.
- For Project Management you'd be out on a job site working with the other project managers on a brand new building.
- Have a great time and learn if you'd like to consider a job at MMFS in the future, or if engineering/estimating/project management is for you!
The Interns report to the supervisor of your department, as well as a mentor that you will be assigned for your internship! You will be on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have...
- An interest in mechanical systems or Engineering/Estimating/Project Management/Admin Roles
- A natural love of problem-solving and learning new things
- An in-progress or completed Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, construction management, or a related field.
And everyone you work with should describe you as...
- Very adaptable
- Positive with a can-do attitude
- A strong communicator
And you should be motivated by...
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you'll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
Compensation: $24 hourly
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides Interns coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- Paid Sick Days
- Wellness Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ office (17930 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188) has easy access to the SeaTac International Airport, ample secured parking, and newly renovated office facilities - not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include an onsite deli, restaurants, and convenient freeway/airport access.
Project Management Interns will be based out of a satellite office near one of our many job sites around the Greater Seattle Area!
Interested in learning more?
If you're ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
MacDonald-Miller Facility SolutionsSeattle, WA
Get fresh Campus Career Opportunities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.