MacDermid Inc. South Plainfield, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a Element Solutions, Inc. business and world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking an Applications Engineer to be a member of the Flexible, Formable, and Printed Electronics (FFPE) Team. The position will be located in South Plainfield, NJ.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
As a key member of the Flexible, Formable, and Printed Electronics (FFPE) Team, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for developing applications knowhow for product evaluation, material testing and characterization, and prototyping. In addition, this Applications Engineer will provide Applications and Technical support to global customers for the FFPE Segment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With minimal oversight, works to develop new test methods and technologies to test our products in line with the Company’s marketing direction for specific customers or market segments.
- Investigate, and experiment with new technologies or ideas and modify the test and assembly techniques to meet the application and customer requirements.
- Perform alpha-site (internal) screening tests to assess performance of product prototypes for new applications.
- Lead development and validation of test vehicles and test methods for characterization of materials for specific applications.
- Demonstrate process feasibility and performance of MacDermid Alpha’s materials to customers and partners by performing assembly, performance and reliability testing and failure analyses on internal as well as external test vehicles.
- Plan and execute the tests to evaluate mechanical, thermal and electrical reliability of our products.
- Calibrate research and test equipment to ensure dependable research results.
- Work with components, equipment vendors, and assembly houses to develop integrated solutions for customers.
- Report project progress; publish technical papers and make conference presentations as needed.
- Work closely with Product Development and Marketing teams to establish priorities, plan and execute projects to support customers towards product approvals and launching new products
- Work across functional lines with quality, process engineering for scale up and testing of new products.
The qualified candidate must:
- Possess a BS degree in a technical field (i.e. electrical, electronics, mechanical, metallurgical engineering, materials science, physics). Master’s degree preferred.
- One to two years related experience.
- Experience in Printed Electronics, Flexible Circuits and In Mold Electronics a plus.
- Expertise in circuit design, SMT-based electronics assembly preferred.
"Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company”
AddressSouth Plainfield, NJ
TechnologyView all jobs at MacDermid Inc.