Class B CDL Driver - Local
CDL Drivers are responsible for transporting different types of goods from distribution centers to customer locations using a commercial truck. They are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip and unload cased products from the trailer to customer facilities. These drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
The responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Loading and unloading of product for up to 20 stops a day
- Securing product for transport
- Unloading product at delivery area using a hand truck or pallet jack
- Obtaining receipts/payment and signatures for delivered product
- Lifting/moving up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Responsible for adhering to all federal and state DOT regulations
- Responsible for reporting all equipment defects or damage, as well as accidents and traffic violations
- Responsible for conducting detailed pre and post trip vehicle inspections.
- Possess a valid Class B CDL in the state of residence
- Minimum of 1-year verifiable commercial driving experience in a Class 7 vehicle
- Must have at least 10 years verifiable employment history
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess a thorough familiarity with DOT regulations and state laws
- Must possess a clean MVR
- Must possess a minimum one-year DOT medical card
- Candidate will be subject to a criminal background check
- High school degree or equivalent
Mac Papers + Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected category.
Mac Papers and Packaging,Birmingham, AL
Transportation and StorageView All Mac Papers and Packaging, Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.