CDL Driver Class A - Local/Days
- Over a month ago
At Mac Papers and Packaging, we believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. We offer the following advantages and benefits to our truck drivers:
Local Routes + Early Dispatch Times
With a standard Monday through Friday delivery schedule, local routes and morning dispatch times, you get the added benefit of staying close to home.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
In addition to medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, Mac Papers and Packaging provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Professional Development Program, a Health Savings Account (HSA), Wellness Program, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with employer matching.
Private Fleet of Trucks
Mac Papers and Packaging owns its own fleet of trucks. Safety is a top priority at Mac Papers and Packaging, and we maintain our fleet and warehouse equipment accordingly. We expect our drivers to put safety first as well. *Safety Bonus Potential*
CDL Class A Driver - Local
CDL Drivers are responsible for transporting different types of goods from branch facilities to customer locations using a commercial truck. They are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip, and unload cased and uncased products from the trailer to customer facilities. These drivers also must follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Loading and unloading of product for up to 20 stops a day.
- Securing product for transport.
- Unloading product at delivery area using a hand truck or pallet jack.
- Obtaining receipts/payment and signatures for delivered product.
- Responsible for adhering to all federal and state DOT regulations.
- Responsible for reporting all equipment defects or damage, as well as accidents and traffic violations.
Other duties as required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL in the state of residence.
- Must be able to provide verifiable history for the last 3 years of employment from application date.
- Must list all employment for which you drove a Commercial Motor Vehicle within the past 10 years with type of vehicle listed.
- Minimum of 1-year verifiable commercial driving experience in a Class 8 vehicle.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must be familiar with DOT regulations and state laws.
- Must possess a clean MVR.
- Must maintain a minimum 1-year DOT medical card.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to walk and stand continuously for long periods of time.
- Talk or hear, both in person and by telephone.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting/moving up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull/leverage up to 75 lbs.
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills.
- Will interact regularly with managers and staff regarding building issues.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Employee works in an outside environment or warehouse environment, when not in a vehicle.
Mac Papers + Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected category.
Mac Papers and Packaging,
AddressNew Orleans, LA
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?