CDL Driver Class A - Local/Days
- Posted: over a month ago
At Mac Papers and Packaging, we believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. We offer the following advantages and benefits to our truck drivers:
Local Routes + Early Dispatch Times
With a standard Monday through Friday delivery schedule, local routes and morning dispatch times, you get the added benefit of staying close to home.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
In addition to medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, Mac Papers and Packaging provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Professional Development Program, a Health Savings Account (HSA), Wellness Program, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
Private Fleet of Trucks
Mac Papers and Packaging owns its own fleet of trucks. Safety is a top priority at Mac Papers and Packaging and we maintain our fleet and warehouse equipment accordingly. We expect our drivers to put safety first as well. *Safety Bonus Potential*
CDL Class A Driver - Local
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading of product for up to 20 stops a day
- Securing product for transport
- Unloading product at delivery area using a hand truck or pallet jack
- Obtaining receipts/payment and signatures for delivered product
- Lifting/moving up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Responsible for adhering to all federal and state DOT regulations
- Responsible for reporting all equipment defects or damage, as well as accidents and traffic violations
- Possess a valid Class A CDL in the state of residence
- Must be able to provide verifiable history for the last 3 years of employment from application date.
- Must list all employment for which you drove a Commercial Motor Vehicle within the post 10 years with type of vehicle listed.
- Minimum of 1-year verifiable commercial driving experience in a Class 8 vehicle.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must possess a through familiarity with DOT regulations and state laws.
- Must possess a clean MVR.
- Must maintain a minimum one-year DOT medical card.
- Candidate will be subject to a criminal background check and drug testing.
High school degree or equivalent
Mac Papers + Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected category.
Mac Papers and Packaging,
AddressNew Orleans, LA
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?