M&F Talent has a client in sustainable crop management who is looking for a Regional Sales Representative. Our client is internationally established in the agriculture & horticulture space and offers promising growth potential for the right candidate.
The Regional Sales Representative will be responsible for sales and service, mainly through phone calls and emails for biological control, pollination, and other product lines to the customers assigned to them, as well as the customers they develop.
Location: Eastern U.S. (NY or PA); Home Office + Travel (appx. 50%)
· Achieve business plan objectives for the territory as determined by management.
· Provide high-quality customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Call and follow-up with current customers to maintain and expand sales base.
· Receive and evaluate new sales leads and refer qualified prospects to traveling sales representatives when appropriate.
· Research new accounts / prospect & develop new customers in line with the strategic direction defined by management.
· Study customer needs and requirements.
· Coordinate/communicate with other Sales Representatives (Outside Sales, Technical Sales) and staff when necessary.
· Provide general technical knowledge and expertise on products to all existing and new customers.
· Introduce new products and/or technology to potential customers.
· Develop biological control programs for customers and to expand the use of products.
· Create and maintain accurate customer records (crops, acreage, products used, etc.).
· Monitor and report competitor business activity as needed.
· Provide logistics support as required to ensure products are delivered to all customers in a timely manner.
· Complete invoicing and monitoring of delivery performance.
· Provide regular reports to supervisors and company management.
· BA Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, or related field of study, preferred.
· 3 years of sales experience in the horticulture or agriculture industry.
· Understanding of modern cannabis industry is beneficial.
· Highly ambitious and passionate.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PPT and other computer programs.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Self-starter with strong personal discipline.
· Capacity to work remotely.
· Strong listening and presentation skills.
· Familiarity with the standard practices, concepts, and procedures within the field gives you a competitive edge.
· Strong organizational and customer service skills.
· Be able to obtain a valid passport.
· Willingness and ability to travel.