M&F Talent has a client in cannabis harvest equipment that is looking to hire a North American Sales Director. This person will provide leadership, vision, and added value to the sales team and organization.
This person’s actions must align with our client’s overall direction and focus on profitable growth - focusing on both new and current business. The North American Sales Director will also be responsible for delivering sales plans for both the retail and commercial divisions of the company. Finally, they will demonstrate a consultative approach to understand the client’s challenges and pain points and work with cross-functional departments to develop solutions.
Location: CA, WA, OR (Remote Work / Home Office)
· Develop and manage the USA and Canadian sales team (11 direct and indirect reports) to achieve the current year plus future year growth objectives.
· Create & implement sales strategies focused on DSMP (Distribution, Solutions Leadership, Marketing and Pricing) that align with company goals and growth objectives.
· Instill accountability in sales team performance, actions and Rocks attainment.
· Identify and support sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
· Ensure technical selling ability in, at minimum, 25% of the sales staff.
· Identify sales hiring needs and drive the recruitment process.
· Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
· Demonstrate a Solution Leadership approach that recognizes him / herself as an authority in post-harvest solutions for cannabis businesses.
· Create long-term value through the identification and expansion of growth opportunities.
· Provide strong cross-functional work (sales, marketing, customer success, etc.) to ensure the company’s goals are achieved.
· Establish industry contacts (Commercial accounts, Retailers, suppliers, 3rd party) appropriate for each level.
· Develop and implement growth opportunities within and between organizations.
· Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to the leadership team.
· Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge of all products.
· Conduct frequent travel (North America) to visit top accounts.
· Deliver Sales Revenue and Gross Margin vs budget.
· Attend major trade shows in the cannabis space.
· Show a high degree of sales forecast accuracy.
· BA Degree in Business, Management, or similar.
· MBA Degree or similar (preferred).
· 10+ years in senior sales management role(s); with a portion of experience from within the cannabis industry.
· 2 years’ experience selling technical products to cannabis cultivation companies.
· Proven Business Development experience.
· Expert understanding of cannabis cultivation, harvest, and post-harvest operations.
· Capital equipment sales experience.
· Strong communication skills (oral, listening, written).
· People management and team development skills.
· High degree of integrity.