M&F Talent is working with a client in the horticultural products field who is looking to onboard an experienced Content Marketing Manager. Our client is internationally established in the hydroponics and horticulture industries, offering cutting-edge technological solutions for modern horticulture operations including pH monitoring, water quality testing, and more.
Our client is going through an exciting digital transformation and is looking for a content strategist to manage all digital content across web, blogs, newsletters, social, as well as supporting offline marketing content. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who wants to utilize their skills to play a key role in this transformation.
Location: Southern California or SF Bay area
· Create a strategic content calendar that encompasses a well-organized content marketing plan and support copy for key events
· Manage the organized and timely publication of company content calendar
· Find skilled writers & creatives to build content on an ongoing basis
· Manage job briefs, writing assignments, and tasks for contract writers
· Edit all created content - take charge of proofreading and copy editing to ensure professionalism and consistency
· Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate key content pieces
· Create, manage and optimize ongoing content campaigns on company website through Hubspot and other marketing/analytics tools
· Identifying gaps in our content and recommend changes to the content plan or new topics to be created
· Publishing company newsletter and website content and trigger social links
· Conduct keyword and SEO research in line with company objectives and customer needs
· Track website traffic and user engagement and edit the content marketing plan accordingly
· Report key metrics to the Global Marketing Manager
· Create and update company style guides to use as a reference for writers
· Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
· Manage web content translation project with 3rd party translation company
· 2 years of work experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
· 1 year of Marketing experience in the Hydroponics and/or Horticulture space
· 1 year of experience managing 3rd party writing / creative contributors
· BA Degree in Marketing, Journalism, or similar (preferred)
· Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner, SEM Rush etc)
· Experience with publishing on a CMS (Magento or WordPress)
· Basic understanding of HTML, web publishing, and Hubspot
· Expert English language writing and editing skills
· Solid time-management skills and proven experience meeting deadlines
· Can explain experience with content marketing plan rollout, revisions, and results.
· Experience with A/B testing and campaign optimization (preferred)
· Experience using social media for business (preferred)
· Be prepared to provide a link to published articles if selected to proceed in the interview process.