Mac & Fulton Talent Partners is looking for an experienced General Manager for a client in cannabis extracts and topicals. The role is responsible for ensuring volume and quality goals are met through efficient methods and appropriate staffing levels. The position also requires the management of employee teams in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
The General Manager will also ensure that the business operates within the compliance regulations of California, regarding both operations and production. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong management background, vision for growth, and experience with the California cannabis industry.
Location: Berkeley, CA
· Establish a data-driven approach to production, inventory, and distribution.
· Work with vendors concerning production materials.
· Collaborate with marketing team in developing correct packaging and labelling for cannabis products.
· Communicate with extraction team in understanding lab practices as well as extract products.
· Monitor the California cannabis industry in understanding purchasing trends and seasonality in retail environments.
· Create operating budgets and capital expenditure requirements for the business.
· Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to align goals.
· Assist with staffing of the company.
· Ensure staff is properly trained for all aspects of their position, including computer and production skills.
· Monitor cycles to ensure a consistent production schedule.
· Oversee operations to resolve issues; organize workflow to meet specs and deadlines.
· Estimate costs and prepare budgets – approve/ order maintenance work.
· Enforce health and safety precautions.
· Prepare production reports for stakeholders when required.
· 2 years of operations management experience with cannabis product lines in the California industry.
· 3 years of experience in managing a team of 5+ employees.
· BA degree in Business / Management or similar.
· Understanding of California cannabis compliance laws.
· Working knowledge of METRC.
· Experience in reporting on key production metrics.
· Proficient in MS Office and ERP Software.
· Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.
· Strong communication and documentation skills.
· Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Must be organized and can manage projects of varying length.
· Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently.