Group Account Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Group Account Director (GAD) at Mabbly is the empathetic, professional and polished head of our Account Studio. The GAD oversees our portfolio of clients and is responsible for the growth, management, executive relationship and leadership of both the client accounts and the team members of our Account Studio. Leading a bustling team of Account Directors, Supervisors and Executives, you demonstrate conviction, understanding and intelligence, both internally and externally. As a true studio lead, you create a stimulating and supportive environment for stellar work and exceptional talent to thrive.
About Account at Mabbly
Our Account team is the face of Mabbly to our clients, representing the values that make us who we are. Additionally, they set the tone, pace and manner in which we work on the daily. As such, they are magicians at balancing client and agency needs, timelines and touchpoints, iterations and imperfections. As the focal point of our client relationships, our account team understands the economics, nuances and idiosyncrasies of our clients' businesses that allows us to drive said businesses forward and exceed expectations. Working hand-in-hand with our Product, Creative, Digital and Strategy Studios, our account team ties together the strategic vision and tactical execution necessary to produce exceptional results and ROI. The GAD will lead this pivotal and evolving studio.
- Lead the Account Studio to deliver best-in-class work and measurable results based on client goals
- Possess a deep understanding of client business, objectives and how our work will drive their success
- Constantly in touch with the agency's "day-to-day" business on behalf of clients – knowledgeable and conversant in their key issues, competitive situation, industry trends and the projects assigned the agency as well as other communication partners
- Maintain total account oversight by putting the right team in place across departments and geographies and understand when to provide structure and when ideas need freedom to flourish
- Be a trusted partner of senior clients and decision makers; build relationships beyond our day-to-day clients and into the C-suite of a client's organization
- Uncover opportunities for revenue growth and creative wins - relish in upsells and deeper opportunities within a client's business
- Be a trusted leader of the whole company, across all disciplines and the operational leader ultimately accountable for client- and agency-business success
- Drive annual negotiations and be responsible for developing and managing agency scope of work
- Demonstrate command over entire business from a macro-business point of view to details of key projects
- Set vision for account in line with agency goals and outline clear creative and business growth expectations for agency team
- Own the account narrative internally, orchestrating agency-management involvement to drive agency agenda and deepen the relationship
- Strategically and assertively manage financial health of accounts, ensuring agency profitability
- Participate in new business development from pitch to proposal through signing
- Actively seek opportunities to contribute to the agency culture above and beyond current assignments and responsibilities
- Demonstrate confidence, authority and level-headed decision-making as part of the agency's leadership team
- Effectively assign, delegate and monitor the work of the agency resources assigned to accounts
- Leads positive, spirited debate of ideas and points-of-view in order to push "your team" and the agency at large to deliver a continuously improving product, both counsel and work
- Develop and hold performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring, and collaborate with leadership to develop and finalize career pathing and training/professional development for the Account Studio
- Lead strategic development of new business pitches from RFP response to closing accounts including collaborating with Director of BD and CEO in MSA and contract negotiations
- 10+ years of work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of agency-side client management experience or similar experience
- Experience with strategic marketing planning, traditional and digital campaign tactics, media services and data analytics
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations
- Bonus: Experience with Asana, Smartsheets, or similar project management tools
What You'll Love About Us:
- R&R. Unlimited vacation and personal day policy.
- Freedom. Flexible WFH policy.
- Health benefits. Medical, dental, and vision (dependent coverage, as well).
- HSA and FSA plan options.
- Short-term & Long-term Disability.
- 401(k) plan.
- Need a ride? Pre-tax Commuter benefits.
- Mabbly offers you a membership to the beautiful gym located in our building at 640 North LaSalle at no additional cost. Mabbly employees also have access to the rooftop pool, firepits, jacuzzi and cabanas in our building.
- Competitive compensation within a culture-first environment.
- Opportunities for advancement exist, and Mabbly is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
- When you work with us, you'll get experience in a fast-growing company, surrounded by kind, thoughtful coworkers.
- When we're back in the office, regular company lunches and happy hours. Yes, it's on us!
- The work itself. Ability to work on challenging problems with a sense of purpose, autonomy, and mastery.
Mabbly is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at Mabbly