Mid-Level Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Mabbett and Associates, Inc Huntsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett), an award winning environmental, health and safety (EH&S) consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a full-time Environmental Engineer/Scientist for a position located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate must be capable of providing a broad spectrum of environmental support for Department of Defense (DoD) system testing, and facilities planning, design, construction, operation and sustainment for the firm's Federal client with global locations. The individual hired for this position must be able to work both independently, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team at a Federal client site.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental engineering, environmental science, natural resources or a related engineering/science field.
- At least 5 years of relevant environmental work experience.
- National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) experience including Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statement.
- Prior military or Federal consulting experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 60 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a valid driver's license and able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check, a Federal background check and obtain a Federal security clearance, as well as pre-employment drug screen, to include cannabis. Candidates with an active Secret clearance are preferred.
Support a variety of environmental activities and programs for the agency, including NEPA, permitting and environmental compliance. Travel to agency locations is required.
This position is based in Huntsville, Alabama. However, travel (1 2 weeks at a time) may be required for specific project work throughout the United States and abroad.