Certified Safety Professional
Mabbett and Associates, Inc Alexandria, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett®), an award-winning environmental, health and safety (EH&S) consulting and engineering firm, is seeking EH&S Consultants to join our team in Alexandria, Virginia. This opportunity is open to full-time and part-time candidates who possess a strong EH&S compliance background. These positions will provide consulting services for a major project with a US Federal government agency in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area plus other national project opportunities. All candidates must possess a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential and be located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area to be considered for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, safety, biology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of related EH&S experience, including auditing. Prior consulting experience is preferred.
- Must have strong EH&S background, including experience in conducting EH&S compliance and management system audits, inspections, and preparing reports.
- CSP is required.
- The ideal candidate will also be a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) or may be required to achieve the CPSI credential as offered by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) as a condition of employment.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a valid driver's license and able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and a drug screen, to include cannabis. Must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Due to the nature of our work, the clients that we serve, and the setting for certain on-site assignments, the candidate selected for this position must be fully vaccinated for the Covid-19 virus prior to beginning employment except in situations where a medical or religious accommodation is requested and granted by the firm. Commitment to maintain full-vaccination status by obtaining any and all future booster immunizations, etc. as may be mandated by CDC policy or regulation or firm/firm client requirements will also be required.
- Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs.
- Military Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will provide technical and client management support, including but not limited to:
- Environmental, health and safety (EH&S) compliance audits of government facilities.
- EH&S program development and implementation;
- On-site EH&S client support; and
- Technical report preparation and review.
This position is based in Alexandria, Virginia. Some travel may be required.
About the Firm
Mabbett, established in 1980, provides integrated multi-disciplinary EH&S, and architectural-engineering design services. For 41 years, Mabbett has delivered value-added professional services to Federal, state, and local agencies and industry, and commercial enterprise. Mabbett is a US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE), verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters located in Stoneham, Massachusetts and regional offices located in Rhode Island, New York, and Virginia.
The firm is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. For more information, visit: www.mabbett.com.
The firm continues to experience significant growth in the Federal and private sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, and academia. In 2021, Mabbett was selected as a 2021 Best Firms to Work for Award winner by Zweig White (ZW), the architectural, engineering and consulting (AEC) industry's leading management firm.
Mabbett offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance; Delta Dental insurance; Blue Cross 20/20 Vision plan; 401(k) plan with a company match; profit sharing retirement plan; performance and year-end bonus programs; group life, short and long-term disability, and travel-accident insurance, professional development programs and much more.
Any applicant who is unable to use, or requires assistance with, the online application process may request an accommodation by contacting Human Resources at: (781) 275-6050 or via email at email@example.com.
To apply, please submit resume to Human Resources via U.S. Mail, email or fax and include resume reference code: DC - CSP Consultants 2021.
No telephone calls please, unless you are requesting an accommodation.
Mabbett and Associates, Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Mabbett and Associates, Inc