Main position objectives
The Die Plate Designer provides the highest quality design and technical support for the Maag family of equipment to include: die plates and die plate related items. Working independently but supported by others, the incumbent is the die plate designer for our customer’s pelletizing systems.
Position description – Tasks, responsibilities, competencies
- Independently reviews specifications for the project.
- Determines what items need to be ordered.
- Provides customer CAD sketches & drawings.
- Meets tight design deadlines and work OT when required
- Leads technical discussions regarding design issues or proposed changes.
- Completes CAD models, detail drawings, bills of material, and shop information packets for shop fabrication.
- Assures all CAD model templates, DXF’s and other digital information is transferred to the CNC Programmers as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Work in this position is in an office and a factory floor environment, either locally or at a customer site. While performing the duties of this job in a factory setting, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud and PPE may be required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
An Associate’s Degree or higher in mechanical design
Any certifications in the use of mechanical design and/or analysis software (SolidWorks highly preferred)
- Mechanical design experience
- Willingness to travel
- Experienced in the use of SolidWorks
Interpersonal skills and behavioral competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Independent self-starter with the ability to problem-solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win