AUTOBODY TECHNICIAN (BODYMAN)
Maaco Peoria Peoria, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $900 to $1,900 Weekly
Maaco Collision Repair and Auto Painting in Peoria is looking for an Full-Time, experienced Auto Body Repair Technician with a strong focus on quality and production. Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience and must have own tools. I-Car certifications are preferred. Mostly cosmetic bodywork in a busy shop. Pay is a commission based percentage of bodywork sales. Dependability and ability to adapt are also necessary for the right candidate. Competitive Wages. Paid vacation + holidays. M-F schedule, year-round work.
Why consider Maaco Collision Repair and Auto Painting? We are a locally-owned part of a national company started in 1972, that has now become America’s Body Shop of choice. With our “certified center" program now firmly in place we are doing more late model repairs than ever before and still making older vehicles look great. This is an exciting time at Maaco and we welcome top notch auto body technicians to join our team. We want you for now and for the future.
Your responsibilities: Restore damaged vehicles to their original structural integrity, function, and appearance. Use hand tools and power tools to remove or repair damaged parts, weld as needed, and properly install new parts. Work with a variety of metals and plastics, as well as glass, electrical, and mechanical parts. Damaged vehicles must be repaired correctly so they will perform as designed, especially in subsequent collisions. Must be experienced in panel straightening, panel removal & replacement. Applicant should to be skilled in light frame pulling & straightening, as well.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Repairs automotive bodies by removing, fabricating, attaching, and aligning parts; repairing dents and rust; filling and sealing depressions; hammering, shaping, shrinking, expanding, filing, grinding, sanding, smoothing, and feather-edging surfaces; applying repair techniques and tools, including wrenches, cutting torch, dent puller, hand, pneumatic, and power tools, grinder, sander, welder, straightener, power, foot, and hand shear, brake, drill press, drills, etc.
Should have conceptual skills, verbal communication, welding and fabrication, power tools, basic safety and safety management, equipment maintenance, functional and technical skills, general automotive knowledge, and attention to detail.
• Ability to produce a minimum of $3,000 per week.
• Must be able to work on 2-3 vehicles at a time when appropriate.
• Perform all bodywork listed on the repair order to management & insurance Quality Standards.
• Adhere to all health regulations and utilize all safety equipment as defined by management.
• Maintain workstation in a clean and efficiently organized manner as defined by management
• Technician education and certification preferred
• General vehicle technical knowledge and experience a plus
• Experience: Body Shop experience preferred, 3+ years
• Must have a current driver’s license
• Must be dependable, highly motivated, and able to meet demands of the position
• Ability to effectively communicate, be a functional resource to others, and work well with others.
• Reliable, self-motivated, honest, punctual, professional and flexible attitude
Maaco PeoriaWhy Work Here?
Locally-Owned VERY BUSY shop that has year-round work. We have never laid off a body tech in 10 years of current ownership..
4748 N Brandywine Drive Peoria IL 61614Peoria, IL
AutomotiveView all jobs at Maaco Peoria