MaTech Solutions Salisbury, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This job description is designed to offer an overview of the Process Engineer position. This is a list of the minimum qualifications and a list of typical job responsibilities and duties.
Job Specific Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering related field education or extensive experience in the field.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving ability in dealing with issues involving careful interpretation and diagnosis.
- Ability to identify relevant information to develop solutions.
- Ability to produce CNC machining programs using both Mastercam and/or Esprit, and using manual programming techniques.
- Experience with SolidWorks, Esprit, and Vericut preferred and desirable.
- Must be able to program multi-axis CNC lathes and 4 axis Horizontal CNC’s.
- Must have excellent knowledge of and application of GD&T.
- Must have the ability to perform calculations related to machining.
- Must have experience with and knowledge of secondary processes such as heat treating, welding, plating, etc.
- Must be able to train Set Up Engineers on the CNC programs provided to them.
- Ability to utilize manufacturing streamlining techniques such as Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TOC, JIT, etc. to improve processes throughout the company.
- Technical writing skill applicable for analysis and resolutions of technically oriented problems and issues encountered.
- Ability to adapt to a working environment where programs, setups and tooling are constantly changing.
- Knowledge of Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) devices.
- Ability to train other individuals on Manufacturing Streamlining Techniques as well as process improvements to ensure effective implementation of changes.
- Possess highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively understand and lead others.
- Ability to perform mathematical problem solving (SPC, linear optimization, statistic modeling, etc.)
- Understanding of MRP or ERP systems as well as other software programs pertinent to the position.
- Understanding of metrics related to process control such as scrap rates, rejection rates, machine efficiency
Responsibilities & General Work Duties
- Work with minimal supervision to program all types of CNC machines within the plant
- Eliminate the risk of machine accidents by creating safe CNC programs
- Ensure that CNC programs produce parts in compliance with customer requirements.
- Generate and post process G-code; verify G-code as necessary.
- Create and maintain up to date all Tool Lists for their projects.
- Develop/improve internal processes and procedures throughout the plant.
- Develop/improve external processes and procedures related with Customers and Suppliers.
- Direct and/or train Set-Up, Technicians, operators and other company associates on the processes and procedures developed
- Complete assigned tasks by specific due dates
- Provide periodic reports to Management on progress made with development or improvement of processes using charts and statistical data to validate process and/or plans.
- Oversee implementation and verification of accepted changes/improvements
- Ensure adequate communication flow (meetings, emails, etc.) with relevant managers/supervisors to ensure acceptance of all suggested projects and proposed process changes.
- Analyze and improve processes throughout company utilizing various corrective actions, continuous improvement and manufacturing streamlining techniques.
- Monitor and evaluate changes/improvements to ensure desired results have been achieved.
- Correct/Adjust any improvements not achieving desired results.
- Collect and analyze feedback from all who are directly involved or affected by an improvement opportunity, and the solution(s) implemented.
- Ensure all improvements to processes encompass ergonomic and safety considerations.
- Perform time and motion studies and other analytical evaluations of processes to determine potential improvement opportunities.
- Perform research to analyze data, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of designs or applications.
- Develop computerized programs for the setting up of manufacturing equipment, including the analysis of customers blueprints; establishing correct tooling offsets; calculating sequence of machine operations, speed rates, cutting positions, and feed rates. When needed, manipulate existing programs to increase throughput and produce parts within established tolerance levels to ensure products conform to engineering designs and customer specifications
- Develop, implement, and/or analyze process control metrics such as scrap rates, SPC, rejection rates, etc.
- Change and/or create procedures (utilizing QP-850-14) affected by agreed upon changes to processes or new processes as they are created.
- Post findings and improvement information in a visible and easily understood format (Metrics Board) for communication purposes.
- Other duties assigned by the Management.
- Be knowledgeable of all QMS procedures and applicable work instructions and ensure implementation or revise as necessary
- Know and comply with ISO procedures as they apply to Department activities
- Be willing to receive and provide cross training for other tasks related to department functions
- Maintain his/her work station, whenever possible, clear and organized and in compliance with safety regulations
- Take appropriate safety measures at all times
- Perform other job-related duties as required by management
All employees shall be familiar with and understand the tenets of the companies Quality Policy which emphasizes a commitment to customer satisfaction and industry excellence through continuous improvement efforts
MaTech SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Awesome company with great benefits
510 Naylor Mill RoadSalisbury, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at MaTech Solutions