Delta Environmental Laboratories is a California-certified full-service environmental laboratory located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our capabilities provide services to clients who need air, water or soil samples tested based on certified and accurate methods. We serve all types of clients – from chemical, pharmaceutical, educational, construction, consultants to governmental entities, real estate companies and private citizens. The methods requested by our customers varies on the substrate requirements, regulatory needs, and the focus of interest of our clients.
In line with our business plans, we are now selecting and recruiting a new
SENIOR LABORATORY CHEMIST
Perform complex laboratory procedures, in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established procedures and quality control guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
· Perform analyses on air, water, soil, and other types of samples in a regulated environment. Examples include but are not limited to: Pesticides, Semi-Volatile Organic compounds, PCBs/Araclors, Herbicides
· Experience with GC, GCMS, and other instrumental analysis techniques
· Work directly with Department Manager to ensure accurate, timely, and complete results are provided on all samples
· Perform basic, routine and, at times, complex instrument or equipment maintenance and repair as needed
· Adhere to the laboratory QA/QC policies, documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
· Troubleshoot as needed
· Champion method development
· Aid in the refinement of our analysis methods and stay on top of recent scientific advances in the field
· Understand and flows regulatory requirements (ELAP, TNI, ISO)
· Be adventurous and skilled to try out new methods to fulfill client needs
· Train laboratory personnel on proper techniques/procedures related to laboratory practice
· Passes annual PT tests and able to write SOP (or changes)
· General housekeeping in his/her work area
· Performing other duties as necessary
Requirements for the role:
· B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related field; M.S. or Ph.D. degrees are preferred
· Proven experience – at least two years of track record preferred– at an environmental lab as a Chemist, Senior Chemist, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Technical Supervisor manager or similar role
· Professional knowledge of chemical principles, theories, practices, and established methodology sufficient to perform chemical analyses on environmental samples
· Familiarization with LIMS, including generating queries to monitor and prioritize analyses
· Excellent numerical skills and good understanding of data analysis and statistical methods
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
· Great attention to details and a results-driven approach
· Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making capabilities
· High ethical standards
· Willingness to follow overtime needs per laboratory workload.
· Reliable and Trustworthy personality
Eligibility to work unrestricted in the
MYRO ENTERPRISES CORPORATION
Why Work Here?Founded in conjunction with an environmental lab network, in operation for 27 years testing various environmental samples. Our company is expanding both location wide as well as in scope of testing services. In few month well qualified candidates could venture into medical as well as cannabis and hemp testing.
We are a great workplace with performance focused entrepreneurial team. We are active in the fastest growing segment of the US economy.