- Posted: over a month ago
Mylan Park has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Instructor/Coach. As a member of the Mylan Park team, the Instructor / Coach can work effectively in a teamwork environment, provide dynamic and exceptional customer service, works well under pressure, and utilizes proven instructional skills. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated professional demeanor, with strong attention to detail, and outstanding customer service skills.
- Provide coaching / instructional services for assigned programs
- Adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience, and ability of the participants
- Manage participant behaviors in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a successful learning atmosphere
- Plan and prepare instructional sessions as assigned
- Demonstrate and communicate all skills required for program content
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with participants to ensure understanding of progress and skills required
- Utilize software systems to manage programs, rentals, leagues, classes, camps, clinics, etc.
- Develop and innovate a comprehensive understanding of the Mylan Park’s programs and services
- Inspect and ensure facilities / equipment are free of risk and safe for use, before, during and after each session
- Successfully perform administrative duties
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure the most consistent and up-to-date information is supplied in all interactions
- Handle money (cash, credit, checks) correctly and effectively
- Represent the company in a professional manner consistent with Mylan Park goals and branding
- Assist with other duties as assigned in an effort toward the overall functions of Mylan Park
- Background or demonstrated experience in instruction and/or coaching
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Facilities management experience is preferred
- Ability to read (training material, work schedules), write (correspondence, accident reports), and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to carry out or assist in implementing changes.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED/FA certification (or willing to obtain).
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers.
- Interior & exterior assignments in a variety of settings including but not limited to the Hazel & J.W. Ruby Community Center, Anker Complex, March-Westin Complex, Fairgrounds, & other areas as assigned.
- The employee must be flexible with scheduling to include evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift & operate medium weight equipment associated w/position
- Usual work assignments require standing, walking, lifting & possible exposure to all outside weather conditions.
MYLAN PARK FOUNDATION INC
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at MYLAN PARK FOUNDATION INC