- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Junior Engineer - Distribution Management (DMS)
One Year Contract
C2C Not Available
- Works with the Transmission & Substation Services Department to develop new or refined relay test routines and protocols.
- Assists in the development of new or in the modification of existing maintenance practices to address changing technology, new equipment types, improved test and diagnostic methods, regulatory changes, etc.
- Works with the company IT Department, recommends design standard changes to the IT/OT interfaces within our Bulk Electric Transmission System assets where applicable.
- Maintains the integrity and cyber security of our transmission operational technology cyber assets across the company Bulk Electric Transmission System.
- Monitors manufacturer's, vendor's, and industry wide announcements for cyber vulnerabilities and feature enhancements of our Bulk Transmission Operational Technology Cyber Assets.
- Collaborates with the vendors and the IT department on the mitigation of any vulnerabilities identified.
- Monitors industry trends and international design standards pertaining to cyber security of protective relaying and other transmission substation operational technology and recommend design standard changes where applicable.
- Works with the Work Force Development Department to develop training material for new and existing operational technology being deployed on the Bulk Electric Transmission System.
- Recommends Transmission Reliability Enhancement projects.
- Provides transmission portfolio support through spare equipment management and equipment replacement recommendations.
- Assists in performing Forensic, Apparent Cause and Root Cause analyses, including formally documenting findings through the preparation of technical reports and presentations.
- Assists in the education of others on technical subject matters and in the improvement of technical programs and process effectiveness.
- Conducts technical research and analyzes highly complex data.
- Recommends and implements technical solutions to complex issues and assignments.
- Independently anticipates and meets internal/external technical needs.
- Derives business requirements from various internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions, processes, and procedures.
- Develops process improvements and efficiencies to improve work products.
- Maintains a safe workplace for coworkers and the community based upon knowledge of potential hazards and industry regulations/requirements.
- Provides an elevated level of customer service, continuous support, and initiative-taking involvement to leadership and fellow peers surrounding technical subject matter, analyzing, and interpreting test data, maintenance records, and SAP cost data.
- Works with Cascade and Maintenance Compliance personnel and IT organization as needed.
- Provides support to FEU personnel on information and/or reports related to Substation Assets.
- Actively seeks ways to build challenge and add value within scope of assignments.
- Consistently anticipates and delivers results.
- Provides advice, education, and encouragement to others.
- Aides during emergencies and storm related activities.
- Performing Business Unit system administration and performance monitoring.
- Supports users of the Crossbow application.
- Supports commissioning of new devices at substations.
- Recommends improvements to strategy, application usage and process.
- Strong consideration will be given to those with previous experience in the design, maintenance or testing of substation equipment.
- Commitment to Company Safety Policies and the Accident Prevention Handbook.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrates a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results, and strengthen existing relationships.
- Desires to continue to learn, grow, deliver results, and manage others.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the company.
- Delivers quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present complex subject matter to all levels of management.
- Some travel required; must possess a personal vehicle and valid driving license.
- Understands substations, substation equipment and devices preferred.
- Knowledge of substation equipment maintenance practices is preferred.
- Familiarity with the understanding, application, and communication of microprocessor-based protection and control equipment is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand substation design prints and bills of material preferred.
- Ability to analyze large datasets, familiarity with databases and database structure preferred.
- Familiarity with the following: Cascade / QlikView / SAP / TOA / DobleWeb is preferred.
- Familiarity working with databases is preferred.
- Desirable to have a good understanding of relevant technology solutions, such as GRC, IAM, Security Information & Event Monitoring, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, and Data Diodes.
- Desirable to have expertise in Operational Technology environments and Internet of Things (IoT). Specifically, with a good understanding of Industrial Controls Systems (ICS), such as SCADA, DMS, EMS, DCS, historian, RTUs, PLCs, RAS, and relays.
- Understands relevant cybersecurity standards and regulations pertinent to utility environments, such as NIST SP 800-52/53, NERC CIP, NEI 08-09, ISA 99, NIST CSF and C2M2.
- CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA certification preferred.
- BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school (Electrical preferred). (Required)
- P.E. License. Engineer III level minimum of 1-3 years of professional engineering experience required.
- Advanced degree a plus.
MWResource offers medical, dental and vision coverage through Capital Blue Cross, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, and participation in the MWResource 401K plan for US based consultants.
MWResource does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screening.
Please note we are not open to outsourcing our recruitment needs.
MWResource, Inc.Akron, OH
EngineeringView All MWResource, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.