Job Title: Scientist 2, Biology
Location: 10975 Torreyana Road. San Diego, California. USA. 92121-1106
Duration: 1+ years
- Shift Timings: 8am-5pm, 40 hours/week
- BD Biosciences, the leading provider of antibody reagents to the research immunology community, is seeking an outstanding Scientist II to join our highly motivated Research Development team. The Scientist II is responsible for the development and evaluation of new reagents and testing new antibodies for use in flow cytometry applications. The Associate is responsible for routine, accurate and timely testing of experimental samples according to standard protocols and operating procedures. The ability to execute scientific experiments of moderate scope is key. The successful candidate is expected to set up and execute these experiments, be detail oriented, skilled at data analysis and trouble shooting and will be accountable for preparing and presenting data at lab meetings. The Scientist II will prioritize daily workload and work with some supervision.
- The associate will participate in the analysis and review of data, report results, and complete all required documentation and database entries. In general, the Scientist II will receive specific instructions and ongoing guidance regarding required tasks and expected results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine, accurate and timely completion of all assigned experimental tests. Will be expected to efficiently prioritize individual workload.
- Independently analyze research data, solve problems with appropriate guidance and effectively plan follow up experiments. Responsible for the execution of experiments with varying complexity using multi-color Flow Cytometry.
- Analyze data using FCS Express and FlowJo software, report test results including completion of all required documentation and database entries as required by protocols or operating procedures.
- Expected under supervision to develop skills and exercise judgment in troubleshooting routine assigned test procedures and in recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Software: BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands on experience: Designing, performing, and analyzing flow cytometry experiments, preferably on BD flow cytometers (LSRII, LSR Fortessa, Canto, and Aria).
- Effective interpersonal skills, must be able to work in a cross-functional team-oriented environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete records.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, immunology or related scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of laboratory experience.
Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
Why Work Here?MWIDM is a certified minority and women owned business enterprise (MWBE) committed to maximizing global workforce solutions on behalf of its clients. With over a decade of experience, MWIDM provides Workforce Solutions to a broad range of business sectors including Systems Integration, Banking & Finance, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Energy, Technology and Supply Chain. Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
MWIDM Inc. is one of the leading Staffing company with 3800 active workforce across the US, we provide great benefits and best pay rates.
San Diego, CA