Under general supervision, responsible for the creation, deployment, and maintenance of a utility protection and control training and development program.
1. Working with on site staff, the candidate will be responsible for assessing the state of existing training and development processes and procedures for Relay Engineering.
2. The candidate will determine gaps and weaknesses and develop a course of action to close the gaps in the existing training/development program.
3. The candidate is responsible for improving existing materials as well as creation of new course and training materials as defined by the gap analysis.
4. The candidate may be asked to deliver the training as an instructor or “train the trainer” as is appropriate. The training program shall be developed with the intention of being internally self sustaining and managed by relay engineering subject matter experts.
5. The candidate will be responsible for helping on site staff augment existing and developing new processes/procedures associated with the execution of protection and control design work
6. Works effectively in a team environment and may assume the role of team leader.
7. Provides technical guidance and recommendations to other PPL employees in support of high quality, timely and
cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems. This will largely take the form of peer reviews for protection and control design engineering projects.
8. Builds knowledge of the organization processes, customers and wide understanding of the technical and engineering aspect of the equipment and facilities in the function's work scope.
10. Ensures systems exceed all industry standard requirements through development and implementation of uniform processes based on industry best practices.
1 Bachelor's Degree in electrical or computer science or engineering from a college or university accredited by ABET. Candidates with a Master’s degree from an institution that has an accredited Bachelor’s degree meet this requirement. Candidates with significant experience in lieu of a degree in the area of this job position will be considered.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in the areas of high voltage substation design, substation automation, and protection settings.
3. Some background as a technical trainer or instructor.
4. Background in the development of technical course work.
- Professional Engineering License
- Experience and understanding of NERC CIP and PRC requirements
Background/training in process development and execution of process controls.
Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
Why Work Here?MWIDM is a certified minority and women owned business enterprise (MWBE) committed to maximizing global workforce solutions on behalf of its clients. With over a decade of experience, MWIDM provides Workforce Solutions to a broad range of business sectors including Systems Integration, Banking & Finance, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Energy, Technology and Supply Chain. Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
MWIDM Inc. is one of the leading Staffing company with 3800 active workforce across the US, we provide great benefits and best pay rates.