Job Title: Medical Secretary (EPIC)
Location: Providence, RI 02905
Duration: 6 to 8 Weeks
Time: Mon. – Fri., 8:30a/9:00a – 5:00p/5:30p
- Provides personal secretarial and administrative support, such as preparing correspondence in final form, receiving visitors, scheduling, maintaining files, and conducting special projects.
- This role will serve as the primary support to the Director of the Behavioral Health Clinic, as well as supporting 1-2 other Clinic leadership team members
- They will also work alongside two other Admin-level team members, all working synergistically to keep Clinic Operations running smoothly
- Working directly with patients’ part of the time (greeting patients, taking payments/co-payments, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, taking calls)
- Serving as a support admin to the other Admin team members (taking messages, checking voicemails, forwarding calls, writing non-Director led correspondences
- Typical daily activities include Calendar management, general email responses and letter-writing correspondence, changing manuscripts/grant manuscripts reviews, editing grant proposal data
- Great mastery of business correspondence and previous high-level secretarial exp. is needed
- Comfort level with a busy medical environment with high patient contact required
- PLEASE NOTE: The ideal candidate will possess a naturally calm/calming demeanor, have a calming presence, and be able to handle unique and sometimes challenging patient populations
- This Behavioral Health Clinic focuses on children, teens and young adult patient with Autism, Autism Spectrum Disorders and various other behavioral diagnoses
- One year of college/business school and training in secretarial procedures preferred.
- Must be highly skilled with the use of Epic ***This skill set is non-negotiable***
- Candidates without a high level of knowledge of the Epic system will not be eligible for consideration
- Three to four years working experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent interpersonal, communication, and secretarial skills.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of Supervisor's areas of responsibility to facilitate flow of information and serve as resource.
- Performs office management functions, such as directing work of clerical staff, purchasing supplies, and performing routine bookkeeping.